Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nextel having more that usual dropped calls?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by SweetBoXx, Jul 8, 2002.

1. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

Has anyone who has Nextel wireless service been noticeing that they have been having more than usual dropped calls lately?? This has been happening to me more than several times a week lately. I have called to complain to deaf ears. But they have given me credit for the calls, so I can't complain.

SweetBoXx

2. Guest

Guest Guest

just signed on to nextel because of my business... horible service in nyc. that red (no service) light on the i90 driving me crazy... and i just switched from att for low signal in just my home area. but nextel... no service! not even on the QB bridge, and while down at wall street!

3. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

And I just bought the i90c after having the i55sx thinking it might be a better phone......boy was I ever wrong.....I'll take my i50sx any day over that i90c anyday!! It does nothing but
    break up......the i50 never did that what a crappy phone for 249.00. I'm thinking of giving it to my stepson and taking my i50 back I only got the i90 because the i50 was so heavy and bulky in my purse. It actually was a much better phone though than this i90. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

NexHELL stinks in NYC and everywhere else.

5. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Have your tried the i1000+

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    << Has anyone who has Nextel wireless service been noticing that they have been having more than usual dropped calls lately?? >>

Hey Sweetboxx, I was just in your neighborhood the other day, I had to purchase some heavy equipment at G&R (Giles & Ransome) not to far from you. Nextel just put a tower right next-door to them, and it's the tallest tower in Hammonton. The tower is located right off of S. Egg Harbor Rd so you shouldn't experience anymore problems. If you do I would continue to let Nextel know about this problem, and ask them to put in a "trouble ticket" for you.

<< NexHELL stinks in NYC and everywhere else. >>

Now there's is an educated response from an uneducated person!!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

Thanks Rich for the info...........I should be getting great clear sound then[​IMG]......although it seems to take a real long time for the phone to come on and get a signal[​IMG]. I get quicker signals with Verizon and Voicestream![​IMG] Seems like I am waiting forever for Nextel's signal, [​IMG]especially if I need the phone in an emergency. My Kyocera 2135 pops right on and so does my Nokia3390 with a signal, depending on the area.

8. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    It sounds like there may be something wrong with your phone instead of the service.

9. Rich

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    << It sounds like there may be something wrong with your phone instead of the service. >>

I agree, you might want to go to the nearest Nextel (Service) store.

10. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

I called Nextel today.......they said that the i90c is super sensitive to the signal and dropped calls. I told them I am not pleased with this and customer service said they would put in a trouble ticket. I said I would like to return the phone.....they him- hawed at that suggestion.......any suggestions??[​IMG]

11. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I don't see how putting in a trouble ticket is going to help if its the phone, keep bugging Nextel until they take the phone back or offer you some sort of solution.

12. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

I purchased the phone online........can I return the phone to the store or do I have to return it through the mail again[​IMG]

13. Rich

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    << don't see how putting in a trouble ticket is going to help if its the phone, keep bugging Nextel until they take the phone back or offer you some sort of solution. >>

At the time I had no idea it might be the phone......

<< purchased the phone online........can I return the phone to the store or do I have to return it through the mail again >>

You have the option for both, they will send you a new one overnight..I think??? or you can go to the nearest Nextel store.

14. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    SweetBoXx

IF your older phone works better in the same areas then it is the phone.

Jack

15. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

Jack,

The i50sx I just purchased in May 2002 works 110% better than the i90c!!. Do you think that if I tak back the i90 to a Nextel store, they can give me a replacement there on the spot? Or do I have the option of picking another phone? If the phone rep told me that the i90's have the sensitivity problem , I will take it back to the store, because I am tired of people saying they can't hear me

16. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Try taking it back and letting us know what happened

Jack