Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

news from radio shack

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Gabriel, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    this might be of interest to you all. i work for radio shack, and we just got some news. radio shack will discontinue selling verizon wireless, and will switch to cingular.

verizon and sprint have always been radioshack's strong celular carriers, and now cingular will be added. bad news for verizon i guess, so many of their customers have been made here at radio shack.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Thanks Gabriel, but Fire14 beat you to it by 3 whole days: :D

Radio Shack To Sell Cingular in 2006

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Critic

Critic The Digital Ruler

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Honestly, I don't see this move hurting VZW all that much. They're in Best Buy now, AND they've got corporate-run kiosks in Circuit City stores.

Radio Shack is...well, let's be honest, how many of us actually go into Radio Shack to buy consumer electronics? Even with their move toward name brands and away from their house bands ("Realistic", anyone?), I think the only reason I've been in a Radio Shack in the last 5 years was to buy speaker cable. VZW wants to be where the traffic is (and the disposable income is), and that's NOT in RS stores.

4. MeatChicken

MeatChicken Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    This will hurt.
    VZW will be losing almost 8,000 Stores & dealers coast to coast at once, while their competitor picks up the same thousands of new coast to coast dealers.
    From a strictly Business standpoint, it "more than nothin", that's for sure.....
    Don't underestimate RadioShack, R/s Sells Hundreds of millions of $$ in Consmer Electronics monthly, Those 8K Stores haven't survived on the guy that buys a roll of speaker wire once every 3 years...

5. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I go to RS just to get something quick like batteries, cables, adapters, etc. Nothing else. If I want to buy a TV set or a computer, Radio Shack is the last place that comes to my mind. So I really don't go to RS that much anymore. However, everytime I go there, I either see people signing up for cellular service or shopping around for cell phone service, and sometimes I get asked if I like my current wireless service. So I'm sure they'll make a difference for Cingular.

6. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Radio Shack sometimes have better deals on cell phones than what you might find at Best Buy or even Sprint and Verizon corporate stores, i can see why some would prefer to shop there for their wireless needs, now i'm not too crazy about the way they handle situations when you have cell phone problems.

7. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Radio shack is fantastic for cellular accessories. I bought my HS820 headset there as Best Buy & Circiut City wouldn't sell me an extended warranty on it. I'm rough on my phones & accessories so for me it was a must. a couple of months ago when I had a problem w/ my headset they exchanged it for a new one right on the spot. It took less than 5 minutes to do. After that experience I don't think I'd ever go back to the likes of Best Buy again for phone stuff. Their people never seem to know anything about what they are selling, and it took them 30 minutes to tell me that they couldn't sell a service plan on a headset.

RADIO SHACK RULES!!!