Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Version of Papyrus for Series 60 released

Discussion in 'Other Smartphones and Mobile Operating Systems' started by RoyDev, Apr 22, 2006.

1. RoyDev

RoyDev New Member

My Phone:
    N90
    Hi everyone, :)

First I'd like to explain to you what Papyrus is if you do not know it.

Papyrus is a time management solution for Symbian series 60 devices. Papyrus offers many smart views and powerful tools to manage and keep track of your schedule- Think of it as an Outlook for your phone!

Papyrus can be synchronized with your desktop Outlook using the Nokia PC suite, including an item's note/description fields (For Symbian 7 or higher) that are missing when using the default calendar application.

I'm glad to announce we've just released a new Papyrus update, Papyrus version 1.1.05 :)

You can read more about this release on the following URL:
    http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10319

What's new in Papyrus version 1.1.05?

* Papyrus now supports high resolution screens (like the N90) on OS 8 and above, in all aspects (i.e. fonts)
    * Fixed high-res category icons and true type fonts not being installed on Symbian OS 8 devices.
    * Fixed installation file ("Replace ver. 1.00 with 1.00" is now fixed).
    * Re-implemented the whole installation process.
    * Papyrus versioning is now automatic during compilation (no more versioning errors).
    * Updated low-res status icons to resemble the high-res status icons.
    * Added support for turkish localization.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hi Roy, WECOME to my favorite "hang out". I am afraid I got rid of both my S60 & My WM 2005 phone.

However I am glad there is a new version out, The Papyrus is great progarm...:)

PS: I hope you will stick around post more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RoyDev

RoyDev New Member

My Phone:
    N90
    Hey Charlyee,
    And thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm definitely going to hang out around here some more :)

4. Steven2420

Steven2420 World Champions Baby!!!!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Buddy,

Welcome!!! You are a legend at SBSH among us Symbian lovers. You and Amit are nothing short of genius. Your apps are awesome and your relentlessness to improve and upgrade them is fantastic. Welcome to MY home! I have spent some time at yours!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 Steven2420, Apr 26, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  5. RoyDev

RoyDev New Member

My Phone:
    N90
    Wow! Thank you very much for your kind words!

It's great to get such awsome feedback from the users!

So thanks :)

6. RoyDev

RoyDev New Member

My Phone:
    N90
    Hi everyone, :D
    I'm glad to announce we've just released a new Papyrus update, Papyrus version 1.1.07

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10457

What's new in Papyrus version 1.1.07?

* Added an option under the Category Settings to set a category as "Special Event". Special events can only be set to categories with color set to them. On the monthly view, if there as an item with a special event category, that day would be colored the same color as the category color.
    * Added an option to clear an item's note through the "Edit" sub-menu (currently doesn't work for items with repetition set).
    * Fixed timelines not showing on the last week of the Monthly view, when quicklist was disabled.
    * Added shortcuts to the daily and list view: 1 - Copy, 4 - Cut, 7 - Paste.
    * Fixed "Allday Event" not showing up correctly on the monthly view for low-res screens.
    * Text color for tasks, allday events and anniversaries on the quicklist now shows correctly.
    * Changed "9" to "*" to scroll upwards in the quicklist on the Monthly view.
    * Added an option to discard the icons of Allday events and anniversaries from the Monthly view, under the "Monthly Settings".
    * "0" can now be used to toggle the Quicklist on and off on the Monthly view.
    * Fixed bug that would crash Papyrus when trying to paste an item on the Daily view.
    * Fixed bug that would crash Papyrus on OS 8 /w low-res screen devices, when changing to "Extra Small" font on weekly/monthly views.
    * Fixed bug that would crash Papyrus when trying to delete a category on phones running Symbian OS 8.
    * Removed conflicting icon for all day events.
    * Categories that are set to "hidden" would now not be shown on the Filter screen.
    * Added an "American Sunday" option under "Week Start On" option in the "General Settings" dialog. This will color Sunday and Saturday as weekends in the monthly view, while keeping Sunday as the first day of the week.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. RoyDev

RoyDev New Member

My Phone:
    N90
    I'm glad to announce we've just released a new Papyrus update, Papyrus version 1.1.08 :cool:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10766

What's new in Papyrus version 1.1.08?

* Fixed timelines not showing on the last week of the Monthly view, when quicklist was disabled for high-res devices.
    * Updated german and czech localization files.
    * Fixed conflicting icon not showing up correctly.
    * Fixed categories information not being saved when changing visibility of categories.
    * Fixed anniversary icon not showing up correctly on the monthly view.
    * Removed "Allday Event" and "Anniversary" text from daily view, and replaced them with icons, to preserve space.
    * "American Sunday" now also affects the "Grid" view.
    * Fixed problem with notes not showing while editting an item even when a note was set.
    * Fixed task checkbox that would partially cover the text and leading rectangle in the quiclist and "Grid" view.
    * Papyrus now deletes the "PapyrusDblIcnStr" directory if high-res icons were installed on a low-res device running OS 8 and visa versa.
    * Removed option to install "high-res icons". When choosing to install icons on your device, Papyrus will install both sets (high/low res icons) and automatically delete the unnecessary folder when the user sets an icon to a category.

8. RoyDev

RoyDev New Member

My Phone:
    N90
    I'm glad to announce we've just released a new Papyrus update, Papyrus version 1.1.09 :p

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11727

What's new in Papyrus version 1.1.09?

* Added ability to make the Daily view themed. To enable go to "Settings->Daily Settings->Background" and choosed "Themed".
    * Timelines' hours are now drawn up correctly (both big and small timelines).
    * Allday events now appear as a line at the bottom of the timelline bar.
    * The Tahoma font is now set as the default font when first installing Papyrus, and is automatically installed on the phone.
    * The timeline bar's background color can now be set from the Color Settings.
    * Added additional two new color settings for "Allday Event" color and "Default No Category" color which sets the color of an item without a category.
    * Added check flags on the monthly view to notify the user that a certain day has tasks due on it.
    * Updated the Allday Event and Anniversary icons.
    * Monthly view now shows current date of the day selected in the grid.
    * Added a blank space before the text "untill" on the item's detail dialog.
    * Fixed icons having a white background (instead of transparent) when editting an item's details.
    * Fixed the "Insert Contact" dialog not showing up correctly.
    * Fixed the "My Text" dialog not showing up correctly.
    * Fixed the date-picker dialog not showing up correctly (when setting a date for an item).
    * Fixed icons not been drawn correctly while viewing an item's details.
    * Fixed wrong checkboxes showing up on the category selection and filter screens.
    * Fixed an error where hidden categories would still show up (although invisible) on the filter screen.
    * Papyrus will now not show "Alarm time already happened". In case the alarm has already happened, upon saving the item, the alarm will be removed.
    * Icons are now drawn in one line instead of two in the daily view, for all-day and anniversary events.
    * Added spanish translation (thanks goes to Perico Perez)
    * Updated czech translation.
    * Fixed category text not showing up correctly in the Category Settings dialog.
    * Fixed checkboxes and visibility icons not being drawn correctly in various categories screens.
    * The monthly view now draws the icons/timelines at the bottom of the cell in the monthly view, and not in the middle, when the quicklist is disabled.
    * One lined events (like allday and anniversary events) are now drawn correctly on the daily view.
    * Checkboxes on the List view now draw correctly.
    * Conflicting icon now drarws correctly on the Quicklist.
    * Fixed the way multi-day appointments are drawn. Multiday appointments can now be distinguished from Allday events on all views
    * Fixed sync image not showing up correctly when editting an anniversary.
    * All graphics in Papyrus are now drawn according the maxium color-depth allowed by the phone model (i.e. upper and lower menus)
    * The registration dialog didn't show the IMEI of the phone - this is now fixed.
    * The quicklist on the monthly view no longer displays the current selected date. Instead it now also shows the appointment and task counters.
    * Priority icons for tasks now drarw up correctly on the weekly view and quicklist.
    * The quicklist on the monthly view now changes dynamically according to the number of weeks displayed (five or six weeks).

[​IMG] [​IMG]