Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Verizon plans\deals

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Figured I should share this info....

------------------

Just a reminder on two great new offering's that launch on 8/1:
    1) Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes and 1,000 Mobile to Mobile Minutes for $4.99/month
    2) The New All-Inclusive Total Value Plans!

What's New on August 1, 2002
    · Total Value 500 and 1000 Plans for $50 and $60 a month respectively. Includes Domestic Long Distance, Unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes,
    1000 Local Mobile to Mobile Minutes. No SharePlan option available.
    · $30 Total Value Get Started Promotion ($10 off monthly access for the 1st 3 months of service) available to NEW customers activating on
    a 2-YR Total Value 500 or 100 Plan - only.
    · $4.99/mo for Unlimited N&W and 1000 Mobile to Mobile Minutes on all $35 and above Local DigitalChoice, Regional (non/minimal-OTA capable
    markets only) and America's Choice and their SharePlans plans. Promotional minutes are national on America's Choice Plans and local
    on Local and Regional plans. It will become auto-attached to Local Digital, America's Choice, and SRW plans (where available) on 8/1.
    · Mobile to Mobile Purchase Options now available on $35 and up Local, Regional and America's Choice plans.
    · Family SharePlans available on $35 and above Local DigitalChoice, Regional SingleRate West (non/minimal OTA-capable markets only) and
    America's Choice Plans.
    · Mexico Long Distance Option: For an extra $3.00/month, customers on Local DigitalChoice or Total Value plans receive $0.15/min LD (plus
    airtime) when calling Mexico from their home airtime rate area.

What's Expiring on July 31, 2002
    · Anytime 700 plan, Anytime 1000 plan and Anytime Family SharePlan 1000 all expires on 7/31/02. Customers currently on these plans will
    remain on the plan, unless they select a new plan or promotion.
    · $5/mo for Mobile Web (no alerts included) and Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes Promotion on all $35 and above Local DigitalChoice,
    Regional, America's Choice and Family SharePlans.
    · 4000 Night & Weekend Minutes Promotion on all $35 and above Local DigitalChoice, Regional and America's Choice plans.
    · 3200 Night & Weekend Minutes SharePlan Promotion on all $35 and above Local, Regional, and America's Choice Family SharePlans.

Here is some great information on our PHENOMENAL new promotions! A calling plan matrix will be available later this week...collateral
    will be drop-shipped for August 1 delivery...and advertising guidelines will be available shortly.

BACK TO SCHOOL PROMOTION
    Soft Launch July 25...Advertised August 1 through September 30, 2002 Eligibile Calling Plans: Local DigitalChoice, SingleRate West (where
    available), & America's Choice Plans $4.99 Promo Package provides: Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes AND 1000 Mobile to Mobile minutes (local MTM on LDC & SRW; national MTM on ACP)
    Note: Family SharePlans get Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes AND 1000 Mobile to Mobile minutes per line for ONE $4.99 charge per account!

TOTAL VALUE PLANS
    Available August 1 through September 30, 2002
    TWO AMAZING PLANS:
    $50 for 500 anytime minutes
    $60 for 1000 anytime minutes
    INCLUDES:
    Unlimited Night & Weekend minutes!!
    1000 Local Mobile to Mobile minutes!!
    Nationwide Long Distance!!
    Note: Family SharePlan option is NOT available

2-YEAR "GET STARTED" PROMO FOR TOTAL VALUE PLANS
    New customers get a $10 credit on first 3 bills when activating a 2-year agreement on a Total Value Plan! Existing customers moving to Total Value plans with a 2-year contract extension get a $35 bill credit!

WHAT'S EXPIRING ON JULY 31
    During the ONE WEEK OVERLAP customers can select which promotion they'd prefer!
    Anytime Promotional Calling Plans
    $5 Mobile Web & Unlimited Night & Weekend Promo
    4000 Night & Weekend Minute Promo for single-line price plans
    3200 Night & Weekend Minute Promo for Family SharePlans

---------

2. Guest

Guest Guest

ARGGH!!!

For what I understand from this, they're getting rid of Unlimited Nights/Weekends and Mobile Web for DigitalLocal for just $5.00. I would prefer Mobile Web over the gay Mobile to Moblie crap anyday. It's soo useless. Why the hell do people send SMS instead of talking?!?! To me it makes no common sense. You would use 9023847 minutes Mobile to Mobile to have a conversation you could have in 5 minutes by using the age old method of "talking". It makes no sense. It just doesn't make any sense.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm no expert, but I think mobile to mobile is different from the text messages. The MTM is when you're talking to another verizon wireless customer. So text messages aren't included here. Just another 1000 minutes that specific to one use.

Correct me if im wrong.

4. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

You are correct. Mobile to Mobile is when you (the Verizon customer) calls another Verizon customers cell phone. Currently when you do this, you are using peak minutes (unless you are on the famiy plan). If most of your phone calls you make are to other Verizon customers, you may want to decrease your anytime minutes and save money. This does NOT include calls to other wireless customers (like AT&T, VS, SPCS, etc...)...only Verizon to Verizon. I currently have mobile web and woyuld rather have that (where I can check weather, sports, news, email, stock qoutes) than have MTM minutes.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

so is there going to be a single rate (NO LD, NO ROAMING, NO ECT.) with night and weekend minutes offered on August 1st.

6. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

If you mean the SIngle Rate National Plan, we dont know. Asm it looks now, probably not. =(

7. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Probally not. I thought that with Cingular continuing there national promotion that Verizon would want to compete

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

I posted the orignial "ARGGH!"

No doubt mobile-to-mobile should be by DEFAULT included. I'm sitting here waiting for verizon to release the phone I want so that I can sign up for the digital local plan with unlimited N/W and mobile web FOR LIFE!... but it looks like i'm goona get shafted because the phone isn't due to be released sometime in august. MAJOR B.S. I'd sign up for a plan now without! a phone, but I don't think I can. Moreover, if I could do that, I'd probably have to pay the FULL amount for the phone i want when it is released. MORE MAJOR/TOTAL B.S.

I wonder if the F#%$ers at Verizon think, hmmm..... We'll come up with the dumbestAss plans so that people with IMMEDIATELY sign up.

9. Woodman

Woodman Junior Member

ARGGH, if you are hell bent on getting the unlimited n/w and mobile web then sign up on july 31. If the phone you are waiting for comess out while you are still within your 15 days exchange it. worst case cancel and bite the bullet. hey, s**t happens. this is the only advice i can give. good luck.

10. EasyE

EasyE Junior Member

For the great debate about free n/w & Moile Web....

If you miss the promotion and have to pay for Mobile Web while getting free n/w, it's NOT a big deal because:

The current Mobile Web Included promo does NOT include any alerts. if you pay a mere $2 more per month, you get 100 alerts included.

$0.02 for each incoming alert = 100 alerts
    $0.10 for each outgoing message = 20 alerts

I would rather pay $6.95 per month and get my 100 alerts with no concern of incoming or outgoing charge differences.

Bottom line: We're taling about a $2 a month price difference, and if you use a regular number of incoming alerts for weather, market or sports scores, you are probably going to break close to even. If you send outgoing messages, you are MUCH better off with the $6.95 option than the $4.99 option, as long as free n/w is the same either way.

11. sylviecat

sylviecat New Member

My Phone:
    motorola v60
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATTWS, soon to be VZW
  12. sylviecat

sylviecat New Member

My Phone:
    motorola v60
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATTWS, soon to be VZW
    [​IMG] Does anyone know what phones/phone deals (if any) will be offered with the new promotions??
    Thanks

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Looking at these and the plans stuff from AT&T Wireless it looks like the wirlesss co's are really trying to squeeze more $ out of the consumer . I sure hope it backfires. churn baby churn .

14. Guest

Guest Guest

woooohoooo duhhhhh
    that's a good offer
    what do other carriers have to say?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

When I got my plan, I got it while it came with 4000 w/n included. After 7/31, will I still have it, or is it just unavailable for new customers?

16. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    You will still have it. IT just won't be available for NEW customers

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    So does this mean that if I were to sign up for an America's Choice plan on say September 20th(a date i just made up) the 35 plan would include no night/weekend minutes unless I spent 5 bucks more a month for unlimited n/w minutes? If so that kinda stinks, I wasn't really planning on signing up for a rate plan at this point anyway but that totally puts me off of the idea.

18. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

Yes that is correct. If you sign up by 7/31, you will get 4000 n/w minutes.

As far as $5, its not much considering right now you get UNLIMITED n/w minutes AND mobile web. On 08/01, you will still get the UNLIMITED n/w minutes, but also get 1000 mobile to mobile minutes as well for only $5 which is a good deal.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Will VZ offer Canada option like ATT Wireless?

20. skadoo323

skadoo323 Junior Member

I was just wondering about the total value plans. I called verizon customer service and asked about it and they just acted dumb and were like we havent heard of such a plan. So is there really gonna be a total value plan? I like their wireless service. I also just changed to their 1000 Mobile to Mobile option and the wireless web was only $6.99, considering my girlfriend also has verizon, I spend most of my time talking to her, so in that case the 1000 Mobile to Mobile minute option sounds good. But yeah its a personal opinion when you gotta choose between mobile web or 1000 Mobile to Mobile minutes, just weigh your options out. Good luck to everyone in their decisions.

21. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    THey do on their single rate national

Jack

22. skadoo323

skadoo323 Junior Member

is it just not on their web site yet? so if i called again and asked about it would they know the deals?

23. skadoo323

skadoo323 Junior Member

I'm was referring to the Total Value 500 deal

24. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

It should be on their website August 1st, but you can get the new promos now. Local Verizon stores should have all the details now.

25. skadoo323

skadoo323 Junior Member

I went to my local verizon store and today even called verizon customer service and no one knows about the total value plans. They all know about the unlimited night/weekend with 1000 mobile to mobile minutes, but thats all they know as far as new plans go. does anyone know if the total value plans are true and if they do exist?

26. OldGuy1

OldGuy1 New Member

I can today purchase the Verizon National Family Share plan for my wife and I with 300 minutes, 1000 m2m mins, and unlimited n&w for $60/mth. The m2m is the main feature we like. Will tomorrow's deals be better for us or should we purchase today?

27. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

They are the same deals, but ther mobile web promo will no longer be available as a promo.

28. skadoo323

skadoo323 Junior Member

Is the total value 500 plan a local plan or a national plan like the americas choice plans? And I called today to speak with a verizon rep and no one there knows that such a plan exits.