Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

new Verizon BlackBerry?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by Pentrix2, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Pentrix2

Pentrix2 New Member

I am new to this forum and find it very interesting. Please forgive me if I am using this forum incorrectly. I am wondering when Verizon Wireless will come out with a new blackberry? Their Blackberry 7250 is pretty old and has slow internet but has the fully keyboard. Their Blackberry 7130e screen is great and fast internet but has the compact keyboard. Anyone know if they are coming out with new one?

Again, I apologize if I am using this forum incorrectly but I am having a hard time on deciding to wait until they come out with a new one or should I just buy what they have now.

Thanks,
    Pentrix2

2. VZW-LOVER

VZW-LOVER Senior Member

I heard a new model with a different keyboard is due out some time in October. I'm on hold waitng for the new model.

3. Pentrix2

Pentrix2 New Member

Man, I've been waiting since December 2005 and I guess I'll just have to wait until the fall for the new blackberry. The current 7250 is so old and the 7130e has an ugly keyboard making it difficult to type.

4. VZW-LOVER

VZW-LOVER Senior Member

I wish they would inckude a camera.

5. Critic

Critic The Digital Ruler

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Pentrix2 - I don't know what you're qualifying as "slow internet" - the 7250 is EVDO capable, so it's got the fastest data speeds VZW can offer.

VZW-LOVER: A camera is probably something that you'll never see on an RIM-manufactured Blackberry model, for the simple reason that BBs are primarily geared at corporate/government markets, and in many instances, cameras are being banned from those environments.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Pentrix2

Pentrix2 New Member

My bad, that's true the 7250 does have EVDO internet speed, but the downside to the 7250 is it doesn't support Java and attachments like the 7130e.

7. VZW-LOVER

VZW-LOVER Senior Member

I think the 7130e is bulky to hold.

8. wirles

wirles I'm baaaaaaaaaack

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of the above
    I'm on Cingular and have been a crackberry addict for 8+ years (old RIM 950 series).

A year and a half ago I went from my 7290 (Cingular version of the 7250) and got the 7100 (older version of the 7130). It was ok, but had a lot of bugs. The 7130 is supposed to be better, but as you said...the keyboard takes getting used to. It is very intuitive, so it's not so bad.

That said, I took the jump and upgraded from my 7100 to a Nokia 9300 Communicator.............run away from this phone. The OS is unstable and the processor is too slow to handle the applications and graphics on this unit. Also, the feel of the keyboard is very soft...not a lot of feedback.

So I took it back (within 30 days) and got an 8700c. I love this phone. Form factor of the 7200 series (a little thicker) with incredible resolution and much faster OS/processor. Plus, with EDGE for my data the browser is much more pleasant.

9. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I think RIM should release a CDMA variant of the 8700c. It looks like a really nice blackberry and would probably sell quite well to those who want the compactness of the 7130e without the compact keyboard. It seems to be the best of both worlds. I wouldn't give my XV6700 up for it but it'd still be nice nonetheless.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. VZW-LOVER

VZW-LOVER Senior Member

We can only hope.....I hope what ever they come out with it will be soon.

11. wirles

wirles I'm baaaaaaaaaack

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of the above
  12. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    oooh... nice. My company was looking at switching to Verizon from Cingular at one point and we have a bunch of Blackberry users. However, they've opted to stay with Stinkular for some reason. Not that it really matters to me since I don't have a company phone anyway.

13. ovoslim

ovoslim New Member

Verizon Wireless User Help

I need the help of a verizon wireless user in registering the verizon with msn broad band email account,the activation code does not come to my phone so i need the help of a verizon wireless user so that the activation code would beset to the phone number.If you think you can help me conclude the registration,you can reach me on.ovomedu@yahoo.com,just send me you verizon wireless cell number,so that i send the activation code to your number,and you send the code to me.Simple and clear.

Thanks,
    Slim.

14. ovoslim

ovoslim New Member

Verizon User Help

I need the help of a verizon wireless user in registering the verizon with msn broad band email account,the activation code does not come to my phone so i need the help of a verizon wireless user so that the activation code would beset to the phone number.If you think you can help me conclude the registration,you can reach me on.ovomedu@yahoo.com,just send me you verizon wireless cell number,so that i send the activation code to your number,and you send the code to me.Simple and clear.

Thanks,
    Slim.