Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New USA Nokia Phones in next few weeks

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by viewfly, Mar 17, 2005.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    New phones expected soon from Nokia...in the USA...in the next few weeks.

http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/expectedsoon

two flips, some slick other models.
    9500 GSM
    9300 GSM
    7280 GSM
    6822 GSM
    6682 GSM
    6255i flip CDMA
    6170 flip GSM

2. observer

observer Junior Member

I got to play with the 9300 at CTIA and I can tell you that it beats the Blackberry on several fronts. Very intuitive, feels solid. Won't have the distinctive visual cachet of the BB, but is likely to be every bit as efficient to use.

The 7280 was the darling of the fashion conscious, especially women. It has an unusual form factor like a very large mascara box. That's not a mistake, as the screen goes to a MIRROR when idle. Handset is largely voice operated.

6682 had some demos at CTIA, but the camera and image handling capabilities are probably bested by other camera phones. Nice looking unit,though, with easy-to-use Bluetooth.

3. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    9300, 9500, incredible handsets for business travelers even though the QWERTY keyboards take some getting used to. Chances are that these will be carried by T-Mobile since they are the GSM 900/1800/1900 versions. Cingular may or may not pick them up if there will be GSM 850 releases. I played with both here in Germany, the external and internal screens are very clear and the colors looked like the 65k color displays you see on S60 phones like the 6600/6620.

7280 - Not for me, it's designed to make a fashion statement and I think that in order to use a phone I need a keypad at the very least.

6170 - Nice advance on Nokia's part, I would wait a bit longer on a better-looking flip. At least they're getting back into this sector.

:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only

My guess is that Cingular will carry all of them. I think the freq is just a mistake. All the others are 850 freq included.

5. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...