Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Tower for Bluegrass Cellular

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by RPD709, Sep 16, 2008.

1. RPD709

RPD709 New Member

Hello,

I've noticed Bluegrass Cellular ( atleast I think thats who it is ) has installed a new tower on Hwy 86 at the Hardin/Breckinridge County line.

Anyone have any idea when it is expected to come online.

The lights are flashing and all that but not getting any signal from it and I can see it perfectly from my house very easily.

2. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    Welcome to WA!

While I'm not able to elaborate on that tower specifically, I can say some general things... just because the tower has been put up doesn't mean that you will immediately have service from it (even if lights are flashing at the top). It may take some time for the rest of the equipment to be installed and for everything to be set up properly. From my experiences in the past, usually the tower comes online (is able to be used by you, the customer) just a few weeks after the tower has actually been put up. It could be tomorrow, it could be months from now... it just depends on the situation. If you ever actually see people working on the cell site, stop by and talk to them. Some contractors might be able to give you a good idea as to when the tower will become live.

3. RPD709

RPD709 New Member

Now come to find out when I wake up to go to work last night I have full signal on my phone with great coverage in this area now.

Now my question is this:

What is the difference in speed comparing to EV and 1X

I have 768kbps DSL right now thru our telephone company but if I got good speeds with bluegrass tethering then I would drop my phone company DSL.

4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hi there, glad to hear you now have full coverage. I don't know about Bluegrass Cellular but my experience with Verizon's EV-DO, is 400 kbps - 750kps download speed, with bursts up to 1.2 Mbps. Non-EV-DO digital signal speed is 60 kbps to 80 kbps, with possible bursts up to 130 kbps. All my tests were on the free Speakeasy speed test. in good coverage area.

Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Thanks for the update. Bluegrass is a preferred Sprint roaming partner so that can potentially help Sprint users as well.