Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Sprint PCS Vision SVC

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

anyone have the new sprint pcs vision? I was considering to get the new phones that have pcs on it but wanted to get some feedback first... thanks!

2. Nick22182

Nick22182 New Member

I went to a Sprint Store and played with all the phones that were available, they are eye candy, they look great and sound great but then again I was in one of their stores, what concerns me is that their princing (plans) start at $50.00 a month and I don't know if is worth it, maybe for some people but not for everybody. I guess is like anything in the wireless business, is on a case to case basis, this is a business in which one size does not fit all. For every person with a praise for a carrier I will show you two people with a horror story for the same carrier. Moral of the story you should try it yourself.[​IMG]

3. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

the pcs vision service plans do not start at $50.....there is a 44.99$/month plan for 500 anytime 4000 N&W and 2mb data plan and the data free for 3 months.

4. TKR

TKR Senior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Where do you see the 44.99 500/4000/2mb plan? Nothing like that on the Web site nor in the Atlanta market that I can find.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

That is correct 44.99 for that plan, but its a promo plan and requires a 2yr agreement

Anonymous SPCS CSR Supervisor

6. Nick22182

Nick22182 New Member

To member IdiOTeQnoLogy go to the Sprint Web site and in my market Washington/Baltimore you will see that the least expensive plan is $49.99 for 350 Peak 3650 Off Peak and 2 Mb

7. IdiOTeQnoLogY

dont go by the website ive seen lots of online posters who have gotten that plan just call CS.

8. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I agree don't go by the website they haven't posted the new plans online yet.

9. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Never go by the web site for zip code coverage, maps or plans. It is often outdated.

10. TKR

TKR Senior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    OK. but how can 5 day old plans on the web site and brochures already be outdated?

11. IdiOTeQnoLogY

they are not outdated by any means. they are just the regular plans that are the foundation of Vision........whereas the promotions are an addition to those plans and happen to be better deals that require 2 yr plans. i assume they are going by the philosophy that create base plans that are pricey making the promotions look that much nicer. and the promotions are actually good real deals

12. skadoo323

skadoo323 Junior Member

some of the rates that sprint offers now are not on their web site. i found out about their new rates from one of the reps at the store who had a binder full of the new vision stuff. in that binder he had a paper with all the mew promotional plans.

13. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    how is sprints coverage ?? i've had cingular for about a year and a half now and i dont like their phones. it seems like sprint is the only one with really cool phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Sprint is good in NJ. If you like their phones, go with them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. Flood8

Flood8 New Member

Hey I got a question....if I buy a new Sprint phone but don't pick up the vision plan does that mean I won't be able to download stuff like ringers, wallpapers, screensavers. Or would I be able to do it and then just have to pay the usual like $.40 per minute for being on the internet?

Thanks for the info

16. IdiOTeQnoLogY

if you get a new sprint vision phone but dont get a vision plan data is charged at $.02/kb transferred

an average ringer or game is about 40-50kb

an average ringer costs $1 that is billed to your bill. games are anywhere from like $2-$5 each. the games expire in say 30-90 days.......which means that after that you cannot download it anymore though once it is in your phone it is in there until you delete it.

i think that once you buy a game it should be in your downloadable (or 'my vault' as they call it) until you cancel service, but i don tmake the rules i am just a peon [​IMG]