Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Small Verizon Phone with Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by bobby19711, Dec 25, 2004.

1. bobby19711

bobby19711 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Does anyone know of any upcoming plans for a small phone with bluetooth? The V710 is a nice phone, but personally I would rather have a small phone that I could easily keep in my pocket. I don't even really need a camera on the phone. I rarely used the camera on my phone.

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I don't think there is another option on Verizon. Have you thought about other carriers?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bobby19711

bobby19711 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have, but Verizon has the best coverage by far where I live. I actually used to have a Sprint phone and the coverage was pretty bad. My lives in the area and has a Cingular phone. Their coverage is better then Sprint's, but there are still quite a few areas where the coverage is pretty spotty. There are even a few spots on I-95 between here and the Philadelphia Airport where his coverage goes out.

I was just hoping there was a new phone coming out that I hadn't heard of. If not, I guess I just have to wait.

4. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Nokia 6255i will have bluetooth

I would not be surprised if Verizon verizon of that phone, or any bluetooth phone to disable alot of features so you have to download everything off of VZW towers, so VZW makes money on you. :pissed: :twocents:

5. Critic

Critic The Digital Ruler

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Assuming that VZW picks up the Nokia 6255i, I doubt that VZW will ship the phone with the OEM firmware in tact - given their tendency to limit fair use of their customer's own music and images, I'm sure VZW will disable several Bluetooth profiles. Also, from what I remember on the PhoneScoop listings, I don't think the Nokia is actually any smaller than the V710.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...