Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New retailer

Discussion in 'Working or Investing in the Wireless Industry' started by hunterh123, Aug 24, 2008.

1. hunterh123

hunterh123 New Member

Hey i'm going to be opening my own cellular retailer store very soon, i believe im going to stick with one carrier only. But which one is the most profitable and what are some requirements? Where do i get this info?

2. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    You probably need to do some research. It's going to matter what you are trying to reach what you'll do best with. It's pretty much agreed that Verizon has the best network. With that said though you have to take into account what your prospective buyers are going to want. Are they first off more interested in how good your network is or are they more interested in what devices can be used on a network. Or are they interested in what's the best money value. A lot will be determined by where they are and what they expect.

3. hunterh123

hunterh123 New Member

Ive done the demographics the area I'm going to be placing the store in is an average income of 60000 annualy it looks as if the consumer is going to be looking for network and devices..there is already an AT&T store as well as sprint so I will either be using tmobile or verizon.. Do you have any insight into either of the two..which maybe the most profitable or the easiest?

4. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    They both have their pluses. Verizon has the more robust network. T-Mobile has the better value. Both have excellent customer care. Perhaps you need to gauge your area and see which is already covered by dealers specifically for one service or another. You also need to determine whether it's really to your best advantage to just limit yourself to one carrier or whether you'd be better off handling multiple carriers.

5. hunterh123

hunterh123 New Member

True. Do you know the kickbacks that either service offers to it's authorized dealers I'd greatly appreciate it if you do

6. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    There would be advantages to selling both. It would also be a hassle in some ways, but it could be very profitable. I don't know what your market is like, but in general both companies do a good job advertising. Customers that are attracted by advertising could compare both carriers at your store. I think folks just walking in without the influence of advertising would be more likely to walk into a store that allows them to compare providers.

For what it's worth, I went to a store that sold Sprint and Unicel, and I bought a personal line with each carrier!