Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Razr Display

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by zeke1312, Oct 30, 2008.

1. zeke1312

zeke1312 New Member

I bought a new Alltel Razr phone 9-1-08. Recently on occasion, the screen turns white but otherwise appears to work OK. What can cause this problem? Alltel says if the problem persists they will replace the phone. If this is a known problem I don't want to jack around with the issue...just have the phone replaced. Also what is Alltel's replacement policy? I got 2 different answers from Alltel.

Oh, Alltel had me remove then replace the battery.........

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    What I would do first of all is turn the phone off, take the battery out for 30 minutes, then put it back togeather & turn it on and see if you have any further problems. If not then problem solved. Alltel should exchange it for you, but not being an Alltel customer I cannot give you any specifics on how they do it. AT&T sends you a refurbished phone by FedEx, and you take the replacement, put the old phone in the box, tape it shut and slap a prepaid return sticker on it and drop it in the mail.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zeke1312

zeke1312 New Member

Thanks for your quick reply. Not sure if I mentioned that I bought the phone through Wal*Mart but I have an Altel contract .I understand that the Razr batteries can be a source of problems. Maybe the connector? Anyhow, based on what I know at this point, my plan is to replace the phone........geezz, hope this not characteristic of the Razr phone.

4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I forgot about that... I've shimmed a couple of V3 batteries before. This usually isn't a problem until the phone is old though. If its under warranty I'd probably exchange it. If you want to try and shim, this is how you do it:

Take the battery out of the phone. Hold the profile of the opposite end of the battery from the terminals against the edge of a business card. Trace it with a pen or pencil. Cut it out. You will have a thin sliver of business card about 1/4" wide, and 1 1/2 inches long (approximately). Place it against the side opposite of the terminals again and tape it down with some scotch tape. Reinstall the battery. This effectively makes the battery a little thicker, and pushes it just a little tighter against the battery connections.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...