Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New rate plans - Voicestream

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by bobolito, Jun 6, 2002.

1. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    aiwapro, the "Get more 3000" Voicestream plan you mentioned is excellent. With something like that you don't need off-peak minutes. Too bad is not national and it costs $59.99 ($10 more) here in NJ. How much do they charge for roaming? They seem to hide this information in their website. They also offer the National plan for $39.99 with 500 Minutes all the time Mon-Fri and unlmited weekends. No roaming or LD in all 50 states as long as there's coverage. This is excellent but I think I would go over my minutes since there are no night minutes.

In my case, what I have works best for me: 500 minutes daytime/ 3500 minutes nights and weekends. No roaming or LD in all 50 states even if I am off-network. $49.99/month. I normally use about 350 to 450 of the 500 minutes and about 900 of the 3500 night & weekend minutes. This same plan costs $39.99 in the west coast.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    49 Cents a minute

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Digital Roaming costs 49¢ per minute plus applicable long distance charges. Long Distance out of your area is 20¢ per minute. (GET MORE 3000)

I have that plan that Nationwide plan that you were refering to, but I get 700 anytime minutes instead of 500 since I have been with them for over a year, almost two (2) years now. I get the UNLIMITED Weekends, and I pay $2.99 for 500 text messages. When my Motorola P 280 comes in the mail soon, I will call and cancel the $2.99 for 500 text messages, and have them sign me up for the iStream $2.99 that entitles me to 1MB of iStream service (about 500 phone screen messages), and 300 text messages. This is really a great deal.

Free nights is the reason why alot of people have held out on Voicestream. Thet are testing out UNLIMITED nights in Chicago & Milwaukee. I however don't really need the night minutes, because I can use my home phone at night, or just use my 'anytime' minutes. Usually I am at home though.

4. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Cool, I hope the P280 works good for you. If Voicestream decides to offer night minutes here and make their signal strong in my house I will consider switching to them in the future when GSM is strong all over the US. I use my cellphone a lot at night to avoid long distance charges and I get a fairly strong signal (-71dB) in my house.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Jack,

I seen you had the motorola 270c. do you have any problems with it? I went through 3 of them in 3 weeks....the keypad lock (Menu, *) comes off by itself and you can accidently dial numbers. If you hit end, it will go back on. My friend has the same problem. Verizon said it was a software issue, but no new software came out yet, so I go annoyed, so I switched to the v60c. Do you have that same problem with the 270c?

Thanks,

Joe

6. wxram

wxram Junior Member

I had the same problem with the 270c. I went through 3 phones, I just gave up with Verizon.

7. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It looks like recent Motorola phones are having problems lately.

8. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Why can't Motorola get things straight? Everybody else can.