Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New PRL on March 30th

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by larry, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Yeah, its the M1. When I force roaming and make a call, it still displays SPRINT.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah my RAZR says DIGITAL ROAM when i force or auto roam......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T

Hmm... That isn't very good IMHO. I wonder if Sprint know about it, and if their might be a software upgrade in the future for the M1?

4. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Eh, who knows. I can live without the change.

5. StorminOKie

StorminOKie New Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo MM-5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS; formerly of Verizon, AT&T, and USCC
    This is part of the new Roaming indicator that comes with the 606** PRL. Sprint is doing what a lot of other carriers are doing by leaving the display showing "SPRINT" whether you are on the Sprint Network or Roaming with one of Sprint's partners (Sprint National Network). The way you know that you are Roaming is by looking for the Triangle icon at the top of the screen so you always know whether you are on Sprint's Network or Roaming.

This is the new normal for the new phones. Sprint is doing what a lot of the carriers have been doing for a long time. If you are on a Sprint Roaming Partner, you will have a Triangle at the top of your screen where the older phones have an R for Roaming. I think that not having "ROAMING" on the display makes people a bit more comfortable using their phones when on a Roaming partner. A lot of people do not understand the whole Roaming bit and when they see the words "ROAMING", they are afraid that they will be charged extra. It looks like that if you are using an International carrier, you will see the word "INTERNATIONAL" on your display. I have not seen that happen with the old "Digital Roaming" displays. I believe you will only see the "SPRINT" display when you are on the Sprint Network or a Sprint Preferred Roaming partner which is part of the Sprint National Network. In any case, if you are Roaming you will see the Triangle icon displayed. As long as you see "SPRINT" on your display and you have Roaming on your plan, you have nothing to worry about.