Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New PRL is CRAP!!

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by xtremeblu22, May 20, 2009.

1. xtremeblu22

xtremeblu22 New Member

My alltel phones came with PRL#30031 and my phone was not working right (bad roaming reception) and my wifes (same phone) had 3-4 bars while mine had 0-1. I did a upgrade *228 option2 to upgrade my roaming-PRL#. I now have PRL#30040 and it is junk. No reception in Green Bay if your in a building or on many streets. Went to the retail and showed them the different PRL#'s on the 2 phones and then he grabbed my phone and called something and then grabbed my wifes phone and called something and said that my phone has a PRL from thursday May 14th and it's up to date and now so does her's. I COULD HAVE KILLED HIM. Now 2 phones are junk. Called Tech support back and said that they were going to push 30031 to our Samsung Hue II's and never did so I called back and they said that they cannot do that with samsung's. How often do new PRL#'s come out and can I ever get the old PRL put back into the phone. They are sending my a new phone (who knows why) and I'll see if the PRL in that phone is different but I'm afraid it will probably change if I have to over the air program it. Does system reset change the PRL# back to 30031 the default # or it that a waiste of time also because I might have to over the air program it. I told the tech on the phone of what I could hear that I am ready to throw the phones in the fricken lake.

HELP!!!
    Scott

2. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Do you have a data cable for your phone?

3. xtremeblu22

xtremeblu22 New Member

No, I do not have one.

4. xtremeblu22

xtremeblu22 New Member

I looked it up and the cost of a cord is not expensive, if I have to get one to fix my problem let me know.

5. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

You may be able to upload the PRL with QPST from corolada.com/prl.

6. xtremeblu22

xtremeblu22 New Member

Where is a good site to get QPST?

7. Tipup

Tipup New Member

Alltel sent me the Hue II as a replacement for my LG565 since (3) of that make/model has had the same problem over a 3 month timeframe. I had the Hue II for less than a week and I totally lost service with it today! No data or calls. I have the same PRL as you an tech support said the problem is the Software R600.BI29. Apparently it is not up to date. They need to send me another phone. I need to call back in the morning to Cust Support to do this since Tech support couldn't:confused: I have HATED Alltel service and quality since February 5th when all my problems started!:censored:

8. xtremeblu22

xtremeblu22 New Member

I went into a Alltel store yesterday because text support dosen't know anything, and they said that a hybrid PRL is comming to my area (Green Bay) and could effect you too and that would link Alltel and Verison towers together. They are going through test runs now and there suppose to release it Tues. or Wed. GOOD LUCK TOO YOU TOO!!

9. Tipup

Tipup New Member

I live near the Minneapolis area, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. This conversion from Alltel to Verizon, for me, is not going very smooth compared to when Alltel bought out my old carrier, Midwest Wireless.

10. xtremeblu22

xtremeblu22 New Member

anyone know where I can get software CDMA for a Hue II SCH-R600 so my data cable works with my pc?

11. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

All you need are the drivers and the program QPST.

12. xtremeblu22

xtremeblu22 New Member

I cannot find the drivers for it!!!

13. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Which OS? I will try a Google for you.

14. xtremeblu22

xtremeblu22 New Member

Windows XP Pro. Thanks again!!

15. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

16. somadataltell

somadataltell New Member

I sooooo agree. My problems began on Monday the 18th. I have had a huge problem with Alltel after a tech walked me through the *228 which took off my blinking roaming R on my Samsung Hue which was over the year warrenty by 8 days. We have to have that blinking R in our remote area. I ended up getting a new hue 2 (had to pay insurance fee$50.00) yesterday and it does not work either. My husband never did the *228 update and his phone works just fine. What the heck is going on????? All I could see on his hue is that the PRL is 30039 and my old phone is 30040 and now this replacement phone is 30040. Sucks and I also now have two phones that are pure crap...50.00 poorer and no working phone. Please help...

17. xtremeblu22

xtremeblu22 New Member

I was told a new PRL is coming at the end of this week. Must be 30041. That update might work for you too. Or it's another crap roaming list. I would not program your husbands phone with *228 until you know that yours is working when this update finally occurs. When your phone works with the new possiable 30041 PRL # choose NAM Selection 2 on his phone. The phone will shut off and restart and you will have to *228 and select option 1 to program his phone in a local (not roaming) area. What this does it keep his PRL#30039 in NAM Selection 1 incase the new PRL# 30041 doesn't work how it should. Alltel doesn't program NAM 2, but it's there use it. It doesn't change any of your personal settings. I am also waiting to get a samsung driver so I can hopefully program my phone back to my 30031 that worked for me. If I can it my old number back in there I will let you know and how to do it.

18. somadataltell

somadataltell New Member

I actually found someone who use to work for another cell company to change my PRL back to my old one! It is working wonderfully, so if you can get it changed back I would do that. I found out that no matter what new PRL I would use in our bad low reception area, it would not work since the tower closest to our home is a Sprint tower and Verizon is working torwards noone being able to freindly roam off of Sprint's towers. Just FYI...get back your old PRL and use it as long as you can.

19. xtremeblu22

xtremeblu22 New Member

Just upgraded with PRL #30041 and it's crappy also. Got software and data cord and QPST and my computer won't pick up my device (phone)???

20. somadataltell

somadataltell New Member

I'm not sure how this guy put the old PRL on my phone because I was on the other side of the computer. What I do know is that he had to download something onto his computer from ??? not sure where and then put it onto my phone. If I can find out more information I'll let you know.