Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Prepaid Company......

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by dobby10, May 5, 2002.

1. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Well, just yesterday I set up my old ATT phone with "CallPlus" a prepaid company. http://www.icallplus.com . They are new and their website is still being worked on. This site : http://www.ecallplus.com will give you more information then theirs. They use the ATT network to supply service. Before I set up my voicemail it even answered ATT. They have possibly the best pre-paid deal I have seen.

CellPlus: $100 you get 400 min = $0.25 a min .
    Tracfone: $95 is 150 min = $0.63.
    Verizon Free-up: $150 is 600 min = $0.25.
    Voicestream: $100 is 500 min = $0.20 without national roaming

Plus, with CallPlus the cards expire after 90 days, unless you add more time within the 90 days, so the old time rolls over to the new time.

FYI: My friend owns cell store that sells this, so if you are interested just let me know.

PS: Their customer service answered within 30 sec the two times I called.

2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Interesting

Would be nice to see a prepaid card where the minutes do not expire

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Voicestream's $50 and up cards give you 60 days until they expire, but if you get another card, then the minutes left over from the old card roll-over to the new one. Voicestream doesn't charge extra for long distance either.

4. aiwapro

This ecallplus may be the best pre-paid service I have ever seen. Keep us posted on how it turns out.

5. Dukedog

Dukedog Senior Member

Not bad, it will be good for foreign people.

6. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

So far service has been good. Also one comment on customer service, they seem to still be in training. Because of the two questions I asked, one about getting my phone number changed, and the other about SMS, he had to ask someone else about both. The phone number question being complicated and was expecting him to have to ask a supervisor, but the SMS was such a simple question, "How does it work? Do I get lose minutes?" The answeres were both no.

Can't see how the service would be bad. Coverage should be the same as ATT, which for this area is not the best.

To add, if you want to set up your own phone, you have to buy the $35 "Starter Pack" Which includes all the info you need to know and 100 min.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Looks like a great deal! I just may be switching, the free roaming is such an added plus! Verizon charges .99, voice stream doesn't let you roam and both those carries charge you for text messaging. Although I didn't see a special off peak or weekend rate. I guess that doesn't much matter for me, I'm pretty much a weekday daytime user. Keep us posted on coverage, as for right now they don't offer my area code which concerns me a bit.
    Cin

8. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    Verizon doesn't charge you for roaming as long as you are on their network. I can go to CA and as long as Verizon has coverage there get billed just the same as I do in CT. If you go off the network then it's 99 cents a minute.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Mooby,

I go off verizons network right here in Mass one town over from me--in WARE--one mile down the road and I'm back on verizon--so yes there are many places to roam.
    Cin

10. aiwapro

Hey anonymous, Voicestream does allow you to roam. You can roam across the whole U.S. You won't get charged for it either. They have roaming agreements with Cingular too, but most of Voicestream's network is their own. I live up in NW Ohio and I recently took a college tour down south through Alabama, New Orleans, Tennesse, Kentucky, and more, and I wasn't charged for roaming. I got my bill last week, and it read the same total as it always does.

Voicestream does charge you for text messages, but theirs are much cheaper than everyone elses. With Voicestream, you get 500 two-way text messages for only $2.99/month.
    If you get the 'Talk & Text' plan for $29.99; You get 200 anytime Nationwide minutes, UNLIMITED Nationwide weekends, and you get the 500 text messages for free, or they give you the option to substitute the 500 messages that come with it, for 1MB of GPRS wireless internet. I think that's a good deal. Also with every GPRS data plan (wireless internet), you get 300 text messages for free.

11. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    Anonymous,
    Obviously the Verizon network isn't everywhere but it is pretty expansive. Depending on where you are and where you plan to roam Verizon may be a good or bad choice.

12. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

aiwapro, with Voicestreams pre-paid if you leave your area you are roaming.

Anonymous, coverage is same as ATT. Right now I can only make outgoing calls because of a problem with my whole number block. If it is not fixed by tomorrow I am going to have my number change. I hope it isn't fixed because I wanted my number changed in the first place but they said I would lose all the minutes.

13. aiwapro

Oh yeah Dobby10, with Voicestream pre-paid I don't think you can roam at all, only within the area that they allow you. That area that they allow you varies from place to place, so if you were really interested you can check the Voicestream website. I was talking about Voicestream monthly plans.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Suncom Telecorp

Prepay:
    $20.00 >>> 85 mins >> $0.25 per min
    $40.00 >>> 400 mins >> $0.10 per min
    $50.00 >>> 550 mins* >> $0.10 per min + $5.00 bonus
    $75.00 >>> 900 mins* >> $0.10 per min + $15.00 bonus

*only available with Credit card purchase over phone.

The only things is suncom is not activating new subscribers, however you can reactivate any old suncom phone with the purchase of a $40.00 prepaid card at a local store.

S. Cole

15. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Suncom has inexpensive prepay rates

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't know whether <b>Suncom</b> "SunDial Prepaid" is still available anymore (their suncomshop.com web site is down), but if it is still available <b>AT&T</b> appears to have <b>increased the rates by about 160%</b> compared to the rates quoted by anonymous in his Sept 2001 msg.

http://www.simpliancecorp.com/suncom/prepaid.htm says the Suncom prepaid rates are $.26/min local (up from $.10/min), and $.99/min non-local. It also says that the minutes only last for 45 days before expiring, though you can extend them by using another card. Also, the prepaid cards have expiration dates, on which they become valueless even if they have never been used at all.

AT&T/Suncom sounds a lot less friendly than TracFone.

-Dave

17. Guest

Guest Guest

I am surprised people don't seem to have heard of CallPlus, it has been mentioned on these forums before. There are no extra long-distance or roaming charges, it includes use in Canada, and there are no extra charges to call internationally to many countries. If you have a compatable TDMA phone already, there is a great deal at pharosint.com : You can get activated with $35. worth of airtime for $9. plus $6 shipping and handling. They also have a $10. prepay card that still lasts 90 days. For people who mainly want a phone for emergencies, this is just $3.33 per month!

18. coalminer

coalminer Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Tour
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have a pre paid phone with T-mobile and it can roam on any of their network, I live in Cleveland, and have used it it New York city, and in Chicago. I have seen where if you have one of the new T-mobile sims that have eons on it, it is nationwide. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents worth in.