Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Phones for Sprint Samsung PM A840 & SPH A560

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Tony E!, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Yeah I like the looks of the 840 but not ready to give Samsung another chance. I'm too happy with my LG and it's great sound quality. :)

3. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The 840 dose look nice. I may go up to Vegas on Sunday to look around for a good deal on a PPC 6600 or Treo 650. So if I see a working model of the 840 I will have to try it. :)

4. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If your 225 is anything like my 325, I'm with you all the way on that one. Probably one of the best earpieces I've ever heard.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I can't imagine the these new Samsungs having a better earpice than my LG. But out of curiosity I'm going to try them next time I go to the store.

6. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well, I went up to Vegas on Sunday but the Sprint store I went to didn't have them out on display yet. :(

7. entertainer

entertainer New Member

I bought the A840 yesterday and it is my first "fancy" phone having used a Samsung 8500 for the last zillion years. It still worked fine but I couldn't resist the $150 credit sitting out there going unused and I needed a phone I could sent the occaisional text mail to.

I have used it very little so far so I don't have much to comment on. I was dissapointed to find it was made in China as I have the worse luck with things from China like the Netgear wireless router that arrived with a DOA PS.

I asked elsewhere on here, but does someone know the ringtone format and the screensaver picture size the phone prefers? I don't like having them crop my pix, would rather upload to their desired format.

I have a hard time getting believable answers from their customer support and still don't know if incoming SMS text messages will have a charge or not.

I moved from their 300 minute Free and Clear plan to the 400 minute Fair and Flexible plan after getting hit with a $100 bill after routinely getting sub $30 bills forever... Quite a shock to get socked so bad....

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the A840 had an extra $20 off. The retail is the same as the A740 which has far less bells and whistles.

I considered the LG 325 but it didn't have speakerphone and something else the 840 has but I can't remember what off hand. I would have liked to have the Bluetooth but didn't know if I would use it or not. I wasn't sure if I would like the slider design either as I never had that style. Guess it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Any help on the ringtone and graphic format would be appreciated... I really like the slideshow screensaver format :)