Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Phones??? For Christmas???

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by telecomjunkie1, Oct 11, 2005.

1. telecomjunkie1

telecomjunkie1 Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Moto RAZR V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    All;

Here is the oldest question on the books, I know it gets asked every year or maybe every month.

What new phones for Sprint might be coming out between now and Christmas, specifically Bluetooth phones other than PDA style?

I have seen the latest that Sprint has come out with and I am not all that impressed. It seems just one or 2 high end phones and some basic phones, A820 and A840 among others. I might check out the MM-535 and of course I'll read all the phonescoop reviews on anything out there. I use my phone mostly for work and personal second so I need a reliable phone with a speaker and great battery life. I thought I heard earlier this year that Sprint would be adding quite a few bluetooth phones, phones not PDA's, but I really haven't seen it happen. Any hints on the next 3 months anyone?

2. telecomjunkie1

My Phone:
    Moto RAZR V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    OK all I decided to do some more looking around and jumped onto SprintUsers and apparently I have been away from these forums for a little to long, been busy, as there is lots of speculation about new phones over on SprintUsers. I know there are some pretty informed people here but I am assuming most of you are on SprintUsers also so this question or thread can be deleted if nobody feels they can add to the SprintUsers threads.

3. lordsutch

lordsutch Member

Well, as you've probably read at SU, the big news before Christmas will probably be the consumer EV-DO rollout, which probably will include 5-6 phones (Samsung 920 & 940, Sanyo 5700 & 9000, Motorola E315, maybe something from LG), as well as the "consumer" release of the 6700 PDA/phone. A non-EV-DO phone or two will probably be out soon too. Rumor has it the pricing for these phones will be below the high end of the current line, too.

So, my advice would be to hold out a month or two and see what's on offer around Thanksgiving. (Mind you, that advice was what people were giving out in August when we thought EV-DO was happening on Day One of the merger at Labor Day weekend.)

4. telecomjunkie1

My Phone:
    Moto RAZR V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    chris
    thanks for the good reply. yeah I have seen most of that, not all at one time, but yes i have seen a lot of that. I guess the problem we all run into is we get all these rumors and of course not all come true. I could wait forever to get the next best thing but I guess in this case I can probably wait until December or early January.

any ideas on new plans other than evdo? I like the current plans mostly but I am interested in expanding my minutes at least cost like everyone so I need to figure out a way to get nights earlier at least thats my best bet at the moment.

5. lildrummerboy

lildrummerboy Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samung 740
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon

That Motorola 315 is a new one on me. Do you have any info on it? You don't mean the 815 do ya? Oh yeah and hey telecom, It's good to know that are other cell phone Geeks in Dekalb. I was begining to think that I was the only one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...