Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

new phone question.....

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by MHoot, Dec 13, 2006.

1. MHoot

MHoot Junior Member

My Phone:
    Razr V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I have been with Verizon, happily, for many years. My buddy is with Cingular, with an old TDMA Nokia 3161. He is considering switching to Verizon, but must have a phone that DOES NOT have a camera, due to security issues with his employment. Verizon offers the LG VX3400, LG VX3450, , Motorola W315, and the PN-300 (who makes that??!!), all with no cameras.

He lives in an area that has poor reception and is spotty for all carriers, due to the lack of any towers by his home. Any suggestions for a good, basic, phone with no camera and decent reception?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Hi,

I don't have any personal experiences with the Motorola W315, but generally, Motorola and Nokia phones perform best over other brands, hence, I would say chose the W315. I love LG phones, they look good and have great features, and my primary phone is an LG Chococate now, but it does not perform as well as my Motorola phone in weak/poor reception areas.

Hope this helps!

3. MHoot

MHoot Junior Member

My Phone:
    Razr V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks! I have heard that about Motorola reception.

Mark

4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile Device: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.0.6306/1528; en; U; ssr))

By the way, the PN 300 is made by Pantech. I haven't heard good nor bad things about pantech. Also, why doesn't verizon market the Nokia 2366i? It's a real Nokia, camera-less, and bluetooth enabled! They only package it with the INPulse plans.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 QLR, Dec 13, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  5. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yeah go with the moto out of those phones

6. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW must have seen this post... I went onto the site and they have the Nokia 2366i on the site for $30 for new customers and $150 for full retail... but this phone on INpulse is $50 at WalMart.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    def go with a Motorola.....they do really well with companies like Verizon and SPrint (CDMA)

8. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile Device: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.0.6306/1528; en; U; ssr))

Looks like the Motorola is a winner... But I'd give the nokia 2366i a try since it's a true Nokia with bluetooth. True Nokias also are known for good reception overall.

9. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Agreed! Even my E815 can't outbeat my 3589i in really tough situations! That doesn't mean, though, that any Nokia is as good. ;)

10. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):

Lol... I don't know anything about those faux-kias aka the 6215 and 6315... I haven't heard anything good or bad with the Pantech phones. It looks like the 2366 might be the last true Nokia for Verizon.

11. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw
    I have the pantech 210. i've had it for about 6 mos and haven't had any problems with it. it's a bit "cheap" in that it's starting to get a "loose" feeling to it as i dial numbers, etc. but i too can't have a camera and the options are getting slimmer by the day. i was thinking about the 2366 thru inpulse then put it on my plan, like i did with the PN210. only question i have is that vzw is now marketing the 2366i on their site and the 2366ipp on the inpulse site. do you think they really put code on the pp version that will only allow it to work on pre-pay programs vs. setting it to your contract plan?

12. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile Device: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.0.6306/1558; en; U; ssr))

Problems arise when people activate the phone first on prepay. The ESN is frozen for a time. If you activate the inpulse immediately onto the contract account, you shouldn't have any problems. You can try using the online changer or by calling 611. Also, the phone is now available for post-pay accounts. $30 for new customers or $150 full retail.

13. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw
    thanks. the pantech and the nokia i previously used, i activated immediately without any problems, so i know you can do it on-line very easily. my only hesitation with the 2366 is that it's the first time i've seen a different part number (2366i is the p/n for the contract phone & 2366ipp is the p/n for the prepay phone). so i just didn't know if verizon caught on and maybe did something different in the code of the phone that would not allow a 2366ipp to be activated on a contract. ?

14. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile Device: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.0.6306/1558; en; U; ssr))

If the prepaid activation on contract fails, you can take the phone back. If you go this route, don't buy the prepaid phone from the Verizon store or the site. Also the Moto W315 is available for the same price as the 2366i but it lacks bluetooth. Happy phone hunting!

15. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):

Moderators, please feel free to delete my duplicate posts... My opera browser is on the fritz and i am not purposely trying to post duplicate posts!