Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Paramus NJ VZW Site - Up & Running ! ....

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by MeatChicken, Aug 27, 2005.

1. MeatChicken

MeatChicken Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    The new site that was being built on Forest Ave & Spring Valley (Commerce Bank), is now online.
    I drove by this morning, & verified.
    The North facing sector is P/N # 356, & the South sector is P/N # 188. 800 & 1900 are both live at the site.
    This may be a only 2 sctor site, I will investigate further, & report signal strength & details during this comming week.....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. speedy1979

speedy1979 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Droid Charge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wirelessly posted
    (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone MM-7400/US/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0)

Thats great! :clap: If you get the chance could you post some pics.

3. MeatChicken

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    This new site is indeed a 2 sector site, probably due to the terrain, a 3rd sector would be pointing mostly at or below ground level not far from the bank, due to the "hole" this corner is in .
    P/n Sector #'s are as listed above.
    Coverage on Forest ave is from Approx Midland Ave to Howland Ave, & on Spring Valley between approx Paramus High School, North to Midland Ave & Some surrounding neighborhoods.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bellasson

bellasson New Member

As a long-time resident of Paramus whose home is in a dead zone, I had high hopes that this new tower on Forest Av would allow me to use my VZW phone at home... but alas, nothing has changed, even when I reprogrammed the phone. I live to the northwest of the bank, which seems to be separated from the new tower by high ground and is probably the direction they did not implement.

So here's my question: given that I can no longer expect decent VZW service in this home and this lifetime, what is the easiest way to access information about local reception conditions (on my street, that is) for the various other phone companies?

bellasson

5. MeatChicken

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Belive it or not VZW , even before the new site, had the best coverage in that general area, & it was weak. I am familiar w/ the area, to your west the Farview ave hill blocks most of the signal from sites near RT 17, the RT4/Forest sites are also blocked/too far, & until this new VZW site, no other carrier has put a site on/near the north reaches of forest ave.
    Sprint & T mobile signals are almost non-existant, & CING (ATT) was at least as weak there as VZW.
    It can't hurt to try another carriers trial period, & take the fone home for a day or 2 to see if it is any better at your particular location, or there is some new site we are all unaware of.
    I did hear that Sprint wanted to build a pole on Midland near an Ambulance corp .... but that hasn't happened ...
    If you're willing to spend $300-500 or so, a cellular repeater will give you what you need indoors there. A small antenna on your roof, connected thru the repeater amp to a small antenna indoors ....
    Make sure you get a dual band, CDMA capable unit such as :
    http://store.yahoo.com/boating-electronics/cesiam.html

6. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

maybe if you call CS they can dispatch
    a tech and make adjustments,
    or is it really online yet?

7. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Have you ever had a trouble ticket opened for your area? If not, call CS and have them open a trouble ticket for your area and a tech will come and check it out.

8. jones

Who says VZW does NOT DO press release w/ New Cell Sites

Verizon Wireless Expands Its Network in Bergen County
    Thursday October 27, 1:03 pm ET
    Company Invests $1 Billion in New York Metro Network in Last Three Years to Stay Ahead of Growing Demand for Wireless Calling, Data Access

MORRISTOWN, N.J., Oct. 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- In a continuing effort to provide the best wireless service for residents and commuters in Bergen County, Verizon Wireless, operator of the nation's most reliable wireless network, has expanded its network with a new cell site that improves coverage along Forest Avenue and Spring Valley Road, between East Midland Avenue and Village Circle. The site will also serve portions of Van Saun Park.

9. MeatChicken

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    The site was live in August ... Better late than never!!:)

10. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Seems like VZW does them mainly for the northeast. Other regions it seems like they do press releases for groups of towers and some areas like Iowa just the year end press release on what they did for 2005.

11. MeatChicken

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    From the "Who hires these people dept:"
    I just realized something.
    Whoever the bird-brain :loony: was, that wrote this press release, does not mention what city/town the site is located in. Those not familiar with the 2 or 3 local street names will have no clue which one of the 84 towns & cities in Bergen County got the new cell site .....

12. jones

Midland Ave on the River Edge side is still WEAK
    after passing there.
    Unless they place it on the School ground
    this section will never be Covered right.

13. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    That's because their main competitor is Cingular in this area and Cingular loves to brag about everything they do no matter how insignificant it is.