Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Nokia phone???

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by Gaf318, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Gaf318

Gaf318 New Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Has anyone heard if T-Mobile plans to add the Nokia 6133 to it's line of phones. From what I understand it's very similar to the Nokia 6131 which they offer in the European market. It's a phone I'm real interested in.

Thanks for the replies. Greg

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    According to Phonescoop they will be. There is some discussion in their forum about a couple of people even getting one already. I think I may have also read couple of similar posts on other forums.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    [​IMG]

Nokia 6131 on the left
    Nokia 6133 on the right

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    They had one in my local T-Mobile store yesterday. It seemed OK, not that great. Kinda bulky and I didn't like the menu system, even though it's better than older nokias. Screen wasn't really that impressive compared to the Sammy a900 imo.

5. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i have to say that I definitely like the 6131 look better cuz of the similarities between it and the 6103.....keypad and screen....and btw i really like the Nokia screens......really good resolution and color.....their usually better than some of the Motorolas that ive seen

6. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
  7. Gaf318

Gaf318 New Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
  8. SteveW

SteveW Battery mgmt is my life

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Questions about the pictures that SmArTeStChIlD421 posted.

Does the T-Mo 6133 have the rubbery coating? I thought this stuff was black - the picture shows the 6133 as gray and it seems smooth, not pebbly. The picture on the T-Mo website shows the outside as black, but it seems smooth as well.

Are the keys not only a different color but a different shape? The 6131 keys are raised. The 6133 keys seem flat in this picture. Has anyone tried the 6133 to see how the keypad compares in actual use?

SW

9. SteveW

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Well no one answered so I went into a nearby T-Mo store to find out for myself. Turns out that the 6133 is coated with the black rubbery stuff, with a T-Mobile logo. The sales rep volunteered, without my asking, that Nokia has fixed the problems with the coating and it wouldn't flake or peel off. This is in contrast to the 6103, where apparently this happens.

The keypad is as in SmArTeStChIlD421's picture - flat silvery keys.

They will sell you a no-contract 6133 at an "invoice price" of $279. Of course, they won't just unlock it, but they did say that after 3 months of being on contract they will unlock it. The 1 year price is $149 and the 2 yr price is $99 as reported previously. It's not on the prepaid phone list, and probably won't be, in my rep's opinion.

SW

10. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I wonder about the keys being flat being a good idea. The raised keys are certainly an asset of the 6131, makes text messaging easy also.

T-Mobile has always been good at unlocking under those conditions, couldn't you just buy the phone at full price and get a ToGo card?

11. SteveW

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I tend to agree with you. I like the (very slightly) raised keys on my CU500, although I won't set any texting speed records.

Didn't specifically ask that. It was pretty clear to me she was talking about being under contract for 3 months, but maybe they would. I assume I could get a ToGo card if I want to have a new number and T-Mo service for a while. Actually, I just want the phone ;) . Haven't checked on mail-order prices recently. I'm sure you have told us this, but what's the best place to look for current HK prices?

SW

12. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Both T-Mobile & Cingular have sent me unlock codes with a PrePay and actually with I didn't have to wait 3 months for either because I was going out of the country, so that could be one way. Unfortunately it is still going to be T-Mobile branded and you are going to have to put in Cingular settings and put up with the T-Zones stuff.

Here are some places that I know of:

1. MobilePlanet - this is the UK version, viewfly's is from here.

2. Plemix - SE Asian Version - mine is from here.

3. Myworldphone - I think they sell all versions. Never ordered anything from them myself but lots of HoFo members have and I am pretty sure one of our WA friends did also last night. At least I think his PM saying "Thanks a lot buddy!!:D, you figure it out" means I finally talked him into one.;)

13. josephd

josephd Tomorrow is another day.

My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I wonder who that might be Charlyee?:D

14. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yes......i agree......the raised are also pretty important to me......when the RAZR first came out i like it except for the flat keys......and its even worse on the SLVR.......cuz the keys there are all really cramped on top of being flat

15. SteveW

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Thanks! Looks like MobilePlanet and Plemix are currently out of stock. MyWorldPhone has it and it is $225 plus $35 for UPS ground shipping. So, cheaper than from T-Mobile and it is already unlocked. Sounds like a good deal.

SW