Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Nokia N series phones announced

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by viewfly, Apr 27, 2005.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Found this on www.phonescoop.com today, April 27th

Nokia Launches New High-Tech Phone Series

Today, 6:00 AM source: Nokia

Nokia today announced Nseries, a new line of high-end phones featuring the latest technology. All phones in the Nseries line will feature the Series 60 smartphone OS, 3G technology, video sharing, 2 megapixel camera or better, Bluetooth, FM radio, and stereo audio:

* N91: A music-oriented phone with dedicated music keys and a 4GB hard drive for storing up to 3,000 songs. Audio features include a 3.5mm headphone jack, line-in for recording, FM radio with recording, and Bluetooth - all in stereo. For downloading music: WCDMA, class 10 EDGE, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g), and USB 2.0 with mass-storage profile. Supports mp3, M4A, AAC and WMA playback. Available 4th quarter.
    * N90: High-end visual multimedia phone with twisting display and camera. Autofocus camera with Carl Zeiss lens and high-resolution (CIF / 352 x 288) video capture up to one hour. Dual displays with ultra-high-resolution main display (352 x 416 pixels.) Available early summer.
    * N70: Similar to existing 6680 model, upgraded to a 2-megapixel main camera. Available in the 3rd quarter.

Nokia plans to make Nseries phones available in North America through multiple channels, although details have yet to be finalized.

Also this link with photos of of the N91: http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/nokia_nseries/index.php?p=n91

The N91 is Nokia's first serious attempt to go after the iPod market. This music-centric phone can store thousands of songs, has dedicated music keys on the front, and a long list of advanced music- and audio- oriented features.

2. Gideon H

Gideon H Quase Três Anos Com WA!

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    I saw this before I came home today. Pretty interesting, but I only like the flip model (N90). The other two don't exactly intrigue me. But the N91 isn't that bad of an idea. I just don't like it's style.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I like the phones, but I agree that the N91 is a speciality one. It seems about the same size as an Ipod, and I'm not likely to carry one of those around all day.

I like the Wi Fi addition and the WCMDA. Also a real headphone jack, not a Nokia pop port!

4. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Yea I forgot to mention that... having an actual headphone jack is a lot better than being restricted to some (most likely) lousy earphones from Nokia.

But the more I see that N90, the more I like it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Looks like the N90 and N91 are going to priced around $900.00...WOW

6. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    $900! Whoops that is a little high for my tastes. I finally sat down and put some mp3 music files on my 6230. Sounds very good even at 2Mb per 4 min song. Of course not before I mistakely placed an MP4 file on the MMC card and couldn't delete it. I finally bought a 12 in 1 card reader for my PC and that let me delete the file and make quick transfers.

Learning how to convert MP4 to MP3 files took a little bit of googling. But with a 256Mb MMC I can carry 128 music files on my Nokia. I'm not sure I would need a Ipod like phone such as the N91. But one never knows until you have one!

Nokia can certainly make some stylish phones though.

7. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I just hope that in the future Nokia makes the flash memory much more accessible. I couldn't stand opening up the phone every time to take out the MMC to put mp3s on it. Transferring mp3s via bluetooth was painfully slow along with using the data cable. :( But overall my 6620 was a great phone, I do miss it.

8. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Yes, BT was slow. I haven't tried a data cable, but I assumed that it would be as fast as transferring MP3's from a PC to Ipod or placing the MMC into a MCC card reader. I'm trying to keep my music files down to the 1 or 2 MB level and I don't change them that often.

9. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I guess the N90 is one answer. Seems that the memory card is accessible from a side door. n90 photo and review Sign on and click for a larger image.

Attached Files:

10. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Oh awesome they added the N90 review. It does look a lot bigger than I thought but that's expected because of how much it can do.

11. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only

The reviewer comments on the Nokia screen quality caught my attention:

The other really exciting visual feature of the N90 is the truly jaw-dropping display. The previous world record for a mobile phone was just slightly larger than QVGA (240 x 320 pixels). The N90 shatters that barrier with a beautiful 352 x 416 pixel display. It looks simply amazing. The pixels are so fine that they absolutely can't be seen with the naked eye; it looks like paper - but very bright and colorful paper

Screen samples below:

Attached Files:

12. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    WOW!!! that is a awesome display.

Thanks viewfly for the pics, it great to see Nokia improving their designs. :)

13. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    This reminds me of my first exposure to GSM in 1997. I saw most UK'ers carrying a Moto startac that would fit the SIM card (the size of a normal credit card) by sliding it into the bottom of the phone. The old Star tac were big enough to do that

That way people could pass around the phone, pop in your own card, and charge the call to your account. Now the SIM is located behind the battery, like the MMC cards.

A side door would be nice for the MMC and the SIM today again.

14. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The PPCPE had the SIM slot on the side. You just open the rubber door/flap and pop the SIM in. :)

I wouldn't care that much if Nokia put the MMC under the battery, but for that they need to improve the speed for transfer data to & from the card.

15. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Sorry to post a little late but that display is awesome! Who broke the previous record that Nokia just broke when it comes to the display?