Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

NEW MonoPole GSP exit 159/Saddle Brook ...

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by MeatChicken, Feb 24, 2006.

1. MeatChicken

MeatChicken Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I noticed a couple of days ago a new monopole, one of those relatively short/fat pole types, with one set of panels @ the top, that must have just been installed , loose cables still running to the ground ...
    The pole can be seen if you take the Saddle Brook exit off the Parkway South & bear right, you will end up on Midland Ave going south, as soon as you get onto Midland the pole can be seen just over the tree line on your right, before you reach the Rt 80 overpass (pole may actually be in Elmwood Park).
    The quick look I got seemed to look like VZW's configuration of 4 panels, 2 outer 800 panels & 2 "inner" 1900 panels... Although there is a possibility that Sprint/Nextel could combine their 2 services into a single row of panels such as this (although I am not aware they are doing this) ... & I may have not seen correctly as I was going by fast & will have to get back there to take another look.
    There is a taller monopole just south off Midland, just after Rt 80 on the left, with T-mobile & Cing on it, so I doubt it is either of those 2 ....
    PS: I misspelled "Saddle Brook" in the thread title but edit won't allow title fixes :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    fixed................... :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MeatChicken

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    UPDATE : Drove by, cables still hanging ...
    This pole should also be visible from the GSP, on the right when going south, just past the Bergen Tolls/exit 159 area ....

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I have yet to see any Nextel or Sprint towers that have a mix of IDEN/CDMA on the same set of panels.

5. MeatChicken

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Yes, I'm pretty sure this will be a VZW site

6. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    How's VZ's coverage in the area? Most likely for capacity?

7. MeatChicken

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Mostly OK, but there is a "very Small" footprint in some of the the areas surrounding the Bergen tolls / this monopole where the signal is in the -80 to -94 db range, useable but could improve ...

8. MeatChicken

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    More info on this new site:
    I'm sure it's VZW.
    I passed it this morning & workers were at the panels at the top of the "crow's Nest".
    This new site can also Clearly be seen from Route 80, when traveling west this monopole will be on your right side just past the Marriot Hotel.

9. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

Cingular is full bars here so it's Not them.

10. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I guess I am not looking in the right place. I passed yesterday over there and I didn't see the pole.

11. MeatChicken

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    You can't miss it! :)
    If you are going west on Rt 80, start looking right a little after you pass the Marriott hotel in Saddle Brook, it's not immediatly after. (don't look "up", 80 is elevated here & this pole is almost at eye level) ..
    If going south on the GSpkwy, you get a very clear view in the exit 159 area, the monopole is very clear, between the Saddle Brook & Rt 80 exits on the right.
    If on Midland Ave going south, you will see the pole on your Right, behind the train trestle, just after "Zuckerberg's Industrial Park/Metropolitan Plant exchange, near the jughandle right before the Rt 80 overpass.
    The panels are up, No electronics yet, but I think it will be at least 3-6 weeks before the site goes online ...

12. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Like I thought I was looking in the wrong place. I was looking in the eastbound side of 80.

13. MeatChicken

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Passed by Today, & this new site is now up & running (VZW), (it wasn't a few days ago).....
    Two of the P/N offset #'s are 78 & 246, I didn't pass the 3rd sector to catch he p/n.