Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Letter To Divested Customers Not Going to AT&T

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by KyleAndMelissa22, Jun 22, 2009.

1. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    I just got a letter from Alltel about the future of my wireless service:

Dear Kyle:

We have some exciting news to share with you! While you will continue to enjoy the same
    Alltel service for the time being, Atlantic Tele-Network has entered into an agreement to
    become your wireless service provider and is expected to do so around the end of this year.

You'll continue to have access to all that Alltel offers!​

Until all regulatory approvals are complete, it will be business as usual for your Alltel service.
    You'll continue to have access to My Circle and Alltel's recently expanded and improved 3G
    network. After the transaction officially closes, Atlantic Tele-Network will communicate its
    transition and integration plans to you. The goal of Atlantic Tele-Network is to further develop
    your market and provide you with the attention and flexibility of a local provider.

Changes you may soon see in neighboring areas will NOT affect your Alltel service.​

Specifically, some Alltel properties near you will transition to Verizon. Your account ending in
    xxxx, however, is not included in the transition, and there will be no impact to your Alltel
    service. You may also notice some Verizon advertisements in neighboring areas, please know
    that they do not affect your wireless service.

We remain committed to you!​

We're happy you've chosen Alltel to meet your wireless needs, and we remain committed to
    providing you with the quality, reliable service you expect and deserve. For answers to any
    questions you may have about these transactions, please visit alltel.com/Atlantic.

For additional services or assistance, visit alltel.com/storelocator to find locations near you to
    set up new service, upgrade your phone, make payments, process insurance claims and more.

Thank you for being a valued Alltel customer. We hope you love every minute!

Sincerely,

Paul Bowersock
    Senior Sales & Operations Leader

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    2 people like this.
  2. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

They are remodeling the local store here to become a Verizon store. Hmm.

3. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

That should not come as a surprise though. Your location is not in a divested market but will transition to VZW in the next several months, after all.

4. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Thanks for taking my obvious breath away.

5. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    I will miss Alltel badly, but I think this is the best outcome for those who loved their Alltel service. The coverage will remain excellent, the plans will stay in place and possibly get better, and ATN's subsidiary, Commnet Wireless, already has roaming agreements with virtually all US cellular carriers.

I added a page of ATN and Commnet information and Press Releases at:
    Who Is Atlantic Tele-Network

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  6. na300zx

na300zx New Member

I wonder how this will effect our contracts with Alltell? I have read and heard about people who are in areas bought out by Verizon that they have the option of terminating the contract within 60 days due to stipulations in the TOS in the letter. I have lost the letter they sent in the mail and was wondering if something to that effect was mentioned in our contracts. I plan on switching to ATT and want to get out of a contract that I only have 4 months left without paying the early termination fee and keep my number. Also I was told that if I switched and just let my alltell contract run out (cheaper than the termination fee) that ATT only gives you 2 days to port the number and they can no longer get it after you sign up with ATT, number has to be ported within two days from the beginning of service. Is this information true?

Thanks,

Matt

7. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

When customers are migrated over to VZW it will have no bearing on their existing Alltel Service Agreement. Those will still be in place with the same ETFs. There is not opting out within 60 days.

8. na300zx

na300zx New Member

This is why I ask

ALIVE AGAIN! *April 2009* Get Out Of Verizon Wireless ETF For Free! New one (Not Because of Texting) *picture/video messaging*

It seems to work for some.

#8 na300zx, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
  9. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

I deal with situations like what that post is about all the time. They are not in a situation that violates their T&C's although they feel they are. I've followed up on cases like that and maybe 1 in 500,000 actually suceed in terming without an ETF.

#9 bikebryan, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009