Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Fees for unopened Text messages

Discussion in 'PRE-PAID Cell Phone Companies and Plans' started by upsetsuncomcustomer, Jun 1, 2006.

1. upsetsuncomcustomer

upsetsuncomcustomer New Member

Suncom is now, effective 06/15/06, going to be charging us for unopened text messages. 5 cents for each message, whether we open them or not.
    I called today to complain. The only option they gave was to block access to be able to send/or receive text messages. I advised I wanted it available, but
    don't want to have to pay for someone text'g me. I understand if I send a text from my phone. Now I am stuck in this contract until Nov 2007. I feel they should honor the contract that was signed--- not make changes that affect the amount of your bill, that you have no control over, while still bragging about their fees being a set rate.
    The address to write to complain to is Suncom Customer Service Manager,
    PO Box 190028, Charleston, SC 29419.

How do you guys feel about this? Have you heard about it? It is on their website.
    I can be emailed at freeloananalysis@yahoo.com.

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Welcome to Wireless Advisor. I have yet to hear one positive remark about SunCom, their network and their customer service and pricing, and I have been on this forum for a long time. First off, it would probably not be the smartest to post your email address on a public forum like this, just because you will probably start getting a ton of spam.
    Secondly, I believe Suncom has the right to make changes to fees/charges on your contract. There probably is a clause in there saying that they reserve the right to make changes to your contract. What you can do is complain and complain to the management and maybe you will be lucky and let out of your contract. Being stuck with suncom until November 2007 seems like a very long time.
    I'm sure you will get a lot of feedback on your post as there are quite a few dissatisfied Suncom customers on this board.
    Again, welcome to the forums.
    Andy

3. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I have a quick ? here. Even if you signed a 2 year contract wouldn't it expire in May of 07? Or are they really playing hardball and you had 6 months left on your original so they are adding it all togeather?

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I am so glad we do not let customers upgrade early for that reason. i know suncom does it and i heard cigular does.... let you upgrade early and stack the contracts. its good in one sense that you can get a new phone but could you imagine needing to disconnect and find out you have 6 years of contract and 200.00 per 2 year agreement ack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...