Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Cingular National Plans

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

The new Cingular national plans are very competetive to Verizon`s, maybe a little better, you don`t have to be in a preffer network. For $29.99 you get 250 and 3500 n&w, but they still have a lack of phone selection. i hope they get some new phones soon.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I work for Cingular, and we just got the Ericsson T60d. It`s a great phone for the price(89.99 plus a $50.00 mail in rebate w/2yrs) I tryed from the back room of the store and it sounds great(the other ericsson phones work terrible from there).

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey, I think you're confused about the Cingular national rate plans. The local home plan is 29.99 for 250 minutes. That rate plan does NOT include any roaming, just long distance. The only roaming that it does include is for your local area and not nationwide. If you were to pay 29.99 for a national plan, it would only give you 100 minutes with no free airtime. For 35.00, you can get free 3500 off peak minutes and 150 peak, but it's not all that competitive to verizon's plan. I personally dislike verizon however, I must say that their rate plans right now are the best on the market. I'm just waiting to see the new GAIT phones that are coming out for the NYC area soon for Cingular, my home area. Right now I'm using the TDMA phones from southern jersey so Cingular is paying a lot of roaming charges for me [​IMG]. That is why you haven't seen any new phones really. The new Nokia 6385 I believe will be coming out later this month... another reason why I have waited to upgrade my phone. Hope this helps you make a decision on a good rate plan.
    -Kenny

4. Guest

Guest Guest

it's the nokia 6340, GSM/TDMA... sorry about that. don't know why i thought it was the another model number.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

The new plans started this weekend, and at least in Connecticut the are offering 250 minutes and 3500 n&w(50% off accessories no activation fee with 2yrs this weekend only)

6. erub

erub Junior Member

wow!!! that's awesome. Same here in Dallas. This is much better than Verizon's because it is anywhere, where Verizons was just most everywhere [​IMG] Pretty damn tight! GO CINGULAR! For $40/month, you get 350 anytime, 3500 nights+weekends, free long distance, free roaming nationwide. $5/more per month than Verizon though for the same thing, but you get coverage anywhere.

the same 250 minutes are included if you go with the $30/month plan, including the 3500 n+w...but...it appears that it isn't everywhere at these prices. Some markets are different: In Houston (I just checked), they get 450 anytime + 3500 n+w on the $40 home plan (50 more minutes than in Dallas), but on the national plan they only offer 100 anytime for $29.99, but they do have the same $40/month plan we have.

Although I knew that they did this, it is very strange that they separate the markets (even Dallas and Houston!) this way.

7. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    hmm not bad I just checked out Cingular Wireless's national plans for my area. $29.99 a month gets you 250 anytime minutes, 3,500 night and weekend minutes, 3 way calling, Caller ID, VoiceMail, and Detailed billing. The only negative thing I see is there activation fee is a little high at $36.00 but even considering that, that is a pretty good deal better then the Verizon America Choice plans if you ask me since its roaming to wherever. One bad thing though Cingular is GSM in my area so there phone's are Digital only which is going to give you a lot less coverage then what you would get on a Tri-Mode phone with Verizon which is what type of phone's they sell you for there America Choice Plans.

8. zorba

zorba New Member

The Nokia 3360 is digital & analog so you can still connect when out of your digital service area. Cingular does not offer many phones but the ones they have are very good IMO.

9. erub

erub Junior Member

the 3360, is TDMA, which Cingular is in most places. They are GSM on the westcoast and in some parts of the Southeast, and going GSM nationwide; the 3360 can't be used in those areas.

10. Jon

Jon New Member

Verizon does offer National Singlerate, which is ANYwhere in the U.S., free roaming, free long-distance. They came out with America's Choice so they could offer more minutes to customers that typically don't travel as much. America's choice takes advantage of Verizon's extensive nation wide network. I've never tried Cingular, but I've been all over the U.S. with Verizon and never had any problems making or receiving calls.

11. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    For cleveland ohio cingulars national is still

35 for only 150 and 3500 n&w minutes

Jack

P.S. I have noticed that cingular offers many differnet promotions depending on area

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Cingular is all GSM here in California and Nevada and most of their phones have no analog capability. I would guess that Verizon's plans are still the better deal.