Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New CDMA Nokias

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Airb330, Jun 17, 2002.

1. theyallstink

theyallstink Junior Member

No, I haven't tried that phone. I believe it though, receiver sensitivity and selectivity has improved with every generation of chipsets.

I originally thought that internal antenna phones would have higher SAR ratings, but thats not necessarily the case. Many internal antenna models have better ratings than retractable models. There's a lot in the overall design that can make a difference. Fancy new plastic molding techologies allow antennas to be embedded in very clever ways. This will continue to improve.

<< Stink, have you tried the new Nokia 6360 (internal antenna) on AT&T's network? This is kinda like the 2nd generation of internal antenna phones and everyone seems to say that it has better reception than the 3260 and 3360. >>

2. Guest

Guest Guest

How about an aftermarket antenna?

I have 1 startac and 3 v120c and the antenna durability is horrible!! Verizon has gotten enough money out of me in antennas to buy a new phone.

I solved the issue with the startac with a little button lo-pro antenna which works well. We have horrible reception here...analog, mountains, you name it. NW Montana, need I say more? The replacement works great. The gal throws it in her purse or stuffs it in a pocket with no trouble. I haven't had to replace that antenna since I bought it over a year ago....but the 120c's are another story.

My next phone will be a clamshell, and once again I will be looking for a lo-pro aftermarket antenna.

Trix

PS... I finally found the join button after two days of browsing, but now have not received the email confirmation with my pwd.

3. SJu2006

SJu2006 New Member

nokia will NEVER make a good CDMA phone, i figure as long as i'm using CDMA networks i will not use nokia phones, i have had my share of them on a CDMA network, and none of them are any good, leave nokia to make excellent GSM phones, let motorola, qualcomm and LG make the CDMA phones. as for TDMA...well cingular just sucks so i dont think it matter what kind of phone you have

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Doesn't Qualcomm make the chip for CDMA phones that Nokia produces now? It's been that way for sometime now right?

Well I know Nokia sure does have the GSM models down packed, flawless.

aiwapro