Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Boost iDen user experience and a question

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by QLR, Aug 6, 2008.

1. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Out of curiosity, I bought a Boost Mobile prepaid phone the other day; I chose the i425e primarily because of the $30 price tag at the Best Buy. I activated the phone with customer service... That went well despite the ghetto/hood rep I got; he reminded me of the time I worked in telemarketing... I had to chuckle. I found it quite strange there are no Nextel exchanges in Tallahassee! He went thru a list of towns that I could choose from, places like Destin, Lynn Haven, etc that were not local call from Tallahassee. After the rep couldn't believe that there's a town called Blountstown LOL, I selected a Havana phone number, which is local to Tallahassee. All went well, I got my number and walkie talkie number. After playing with the phone, I saw that it offered call forwarding. It worked like a charm... Until I couldn't turn it off. Calls wouldn't go to voicemail. I called customer service to troubleshoot. She reset the mailbox and the settings and smooth sailing. The phone is pretty basic, and is extra loud. So I have no complaints there. The one design flaw is the stupid back cover. Its just one piece that you have to pry with your fingernail, no easy feat if you have none. The Nextel signal is decent at my place, probably a little better than CDMA there. There's almost no signal indoors at work, but only AT&T and AllTel work well there. My questions are: is the Boost iden footprint the same as Nextel's? If so, I can use the Nextel coverage viewer on the Sprint site. The 2nd question is: can I ptt other Nextel users in addition to the Boost iden users? I don't mind testing this with the Nextel users, feel free to PM or email me for my ptt number LOL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...