Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New AT&T Mobile Share Advantage plans

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by rjniles, Aug 19, 2016.

1. rjniles

rjniles Member

My Phone:
    MOTO E4 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Just read about AT&T's new data plans that become effective 9/21/16.

I am currently on a 3 GB Mobile Share plan with 2 phones that I purchased directly from Motorola (Moto X Gen 2). I pay (before taxes , fees and discounts) $40 for the plan and $25 for each of the phones for a total of $90.

The new Mobile Share Advantage (if I am reading correctly) Will be $40 for the plan and $20 for each phone for a total of $80. Same 3 GB of data, roll-over and no overcharge for excess data. Instead of overcharges the plan downgrades to 2G speed. This is not a concern as we have never gone over the monthly data limit.

Monday morning I will be off to the local AT&T store.

Jay2TheRescue likes this.
  2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I'm still not parting with my $25 unlimited data... :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    charlyee likes this.
  3. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    This starts resembling the VZW pricing. AT&T used to charge access fee of $25/mo/smartphone on <10GB plans and $15/mo/smartphone on 10GB+. VZW is charging a flat $20. For example, in our case we're paying $160 for 4 lines ($100 base + 4x$15) on a 15GB plan. Under the new pricing we'd be paying $170 ($90 base + 4x$20) for a 16GB (1GB more for $10 more) or the same $160 for 10GB (5GB less for the same money). No overages at 2G speeds are a nice touch until you actually need to use data :)

4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Does anyone know what happens with feature phone or quick messaging phones?

Right now I pay $40 for 3 gb and $25 for a Smartphone and $20 for the feature phone. If that remains the same I would be paying $5 less. Haven't decided if it is worth the change for that amount.

If I do change I would wait until the start of my billing cycle to do so.

Edit: Found it, it's also $40 for the basic phone. So I would pay $80 as opposed to $85 that I do now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 charlyee, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  5. Captiva

Captiva New Member

My Phone:
    Apple
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    When is your UD plan from? I have the Spring 2006 Data plan that was $30 monthly for unlimited. American Telephone & Telegraph recently increased it to $35.