Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

New Alltel User with some problems/questions...

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by MarkTX, Jan 6, 2007.

1. MarkTX

MarkTX New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I'm a longtime Tracphone user who just decided to go ahead and get a contract phone through Alltel. I chose Alltel because most folks in my area rural East TX have had good things to say about them.

So I went ahead and purchased the Motorola V3m on 1/1/07 and setup a Greater Freedom 1200 plan with the Axcess Web addon (primarily want to be able to check my yahoo email when away from the house).

Anyway, here it is 6 days into my exerience with the new phone and I have yet to get Axcess Web to work. I've got all the bars at my home location and the "D" saying I'm digital, but when I click on the web icon it trys to connect then gives me this message "Network Unavailiable, Retry Later".

When I try to geton the mobile shop in the Apps section it says "Starting Axcess" then I get an Error message "Unknown Error. Press OK to continue. Error code 554".

When I called customer service they just said somethings down and they don't know when it'll be working...

Here's the thing, I have 15 days (until the 16th) to return the phone and cancel the contract -and while the simple phone service has been fine so far, I'm not to thrilled with being locked into a contract for 2 years with this kinda starting service.

Any help or advise appreciated -and bear in mind I'm a bit of a novice with this cell phone stuff :)

2. CellKill

CellKill New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Most of the time this is a simple error that has to do with a feature code not being added to your account, most reps in a store should know how to fix this. If not you or the store rep need to contact tech support (NOT CUST CARE!)

3. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    Definitely give Tech support a try as opposed to customer care.

Also, if you know anybody else that uses the feature see if they're having any problems. I know Alltel had some problems with the Axcess Web network about a month ago but I was thinking it was fixed by now. It might be a local thing though because I'm thinking EVDO is being added to most Alltel towers in Texas. After the conversion it should be faster than ever if that's the problem.

I only used that feature for a couple months but never had any problems out of it so I don't think it's anything you'll continuously have problems with.

4. a42887

a42887 Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Per one of our knowledgeable members on another information source,

Which means you need to push tech support for resolution.

5. MarkTX

MarkTX New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Anyone got the tech support number handy, I'm not finding it in my paperwork...

The idea that a problem like this needs the user to bypass customer support to deal with tech support sounds well -not very supportive. If I hadn't stumbled across this board I wouldn't even know to call tech support :cool:

Also, I do know one local user who used his Alltel phone to check email (via Access Web) the same time I've been having no service.

6. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    When you call 1-800-Alltel-1, it's option 3 instead of option 1. You just have to wait for the automated voice to finish telling you the options (at least I'm pretty sure it's the 3rd option).

Once you get on the line with Tech Support they should be able to review your account or forward you to data tech support if necessary.

7. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Sounds like you don't have the "FST1" code on your account. And the Axcess web is 5.99 a month to get it.

I was told sometimes it can take an entire billing period for the code to go into affect, how true this is I'm not sure.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    Alltel customers can add features using myaccount.alltel.com. You have to use IE to make it work. The easiest way to do this is to add axcess web from the web. FST1 will automatically get added to the line. Axcess web will be in effect almost immediately in most cases. Worst scenario is next day. If one has multiple lines on an account, features have to be added to each line separately. If later you decide to remove something, you can do that from the web as well.

9. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wirelessly posted (Ironwalt's v3c: MOT-GATW_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.112 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Dont give up on alltel. Like everyone else has said just call tech and if your still not happy ask to talk to there supervisor. there is a code that needs to be on your acct and when they put it on and your done talking turn your phone off for about a min and than turn it back on. That should fix it and when your area comes online with evdo you will enjoy it like i do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. MarkTX

MarkTX New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel

A little followup...

I talked to tech support and they had me punch some buttons and read back a bunch of gobble-de-goup -then informed me I need to get the phone "flashed" to the latest software :mad:

It seems a little nuts to me that a brand new phone setup on a brand new plan will not function with the very features sold in the plan... Is this common in the cell phone business or is it just Alltel :confused: Did Bill Gates invent the cell phone business :lmao:

11. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    When my phone was new I had that problem with my V3c. The web was working great and than it would not do anything and I also called tech and was told to go get a new one with the right sw and it worked. It sometimes happens.

12. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I also had a problem somewhat like this, but the Alltel employee's shipped my phone to Moto. to have them look at it, and then they sent me a refurbished V3c back. But in your case, it sounds like it's no a really big problem.

13. MarkTX

MarkTX New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    FINALLY, as of 9:25pm Thursday -11 days into the contract, everything seems to be working.

But I have to say I feel like I just spent 11 days in a dentist's chair :(

Weds afternoon I made the drive 30 miles to an Alltell Retail Store (all the dealers in my home town said they couldn't do the flash). The folks at the retail store did the s/w upgrade and said it should all be working within 24 hours.

Well 30 hours after that statement I was getting Access Apps to work, but still no Access Web. So once again I call tech support (about the 4rth time I think, lost count). This time I got what I assume was a "higher up", and after many apologies they said they would "deal" with it personally and call me within 24 hours to confirm it was all set right.

While I have yet to get a call back from that person, I do seem to have Access Web working. So however they "dealt" with it, seems to have kicked in and got things working.

If I had to grade Alltel on this I would give em a C- But in the end its working and I look forward to a good service from here on out...

AllsWellThatEndsWell ;)

14. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wirelessly posted (Ironwalt's v3c: MOT-GATW_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.112 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Im glad they have you up and running. I would send them a email about all of this. There customer servies is not always up to par but they are hard to beat on covering there areas with great service.