Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Network Monitor on Older Phones

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Solus1, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Solus1

Solus1 New Member

Hi All,

I hope someone here can help me out on this!

I need to get several phones to use for a T-Mobile project and we need to have the Network Monitor software on them. We have been told that a 3390 or 6190 would work for these and out client has the cable and software to activate the network monitor.

Here are my questions...
    1. Will this also work on a Nokia 3595? I have quite a few of these so that would be helpful?
    2. Are there any other phones this would work on? Since the 3390 and 6190 are very, very old phones I'm having trouble sourcing them - I need about 10 phones.
    3. If we have some 6190's that are not T-Mobile (or Powertel or Voicestream, etc.) can they be used for this. what is involved in unlocking a phone for another network?

Thanks for any help, we are a staffing firm so I know just enough about this to be dangerous - getting people jobs is what I know!

Tim Dennis

#1 Solus1, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2008
  2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Tim,

I have Netowrk Monitor running without a hitch on 3100, but I had to flash it with a special firmware. I think a number of other DCT-4 phones will work as well, although maybe not the newest ones. AFAIK BB5 phones don't have the Network Monitor available.

You can check out the http://forum.gsmhosting.net/vbb/index.php for some more detailed information on flashing Nokia phones.

3. skystartrade.com

need help on that too