Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Network ID Nextel

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by dkirbyjwa, Oct 10, 2007.

1. dkirbyjwa

dkirbyjwa New Member

I bought a motorola w220 in Spain this year. Great phone and I want to switch my sim card from my current i710 (nextel) to this phone. When I put it in and turn it on, it prompts me for a NETWORK ID? What is this and what can I do? BTW, the w220 was a movistar (prepaid) Motophone. I think it's unlocked but don't even know that for sure? I'm a real newbie at this.

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Your phone will not work with a NEXTEL SIM, because NEXTEL's network is based on iDEN, whereas Movistar in Europe uses GSM, which are too different technologies, so in other words what you are trying to do is impossible. Sorry. :(

3. dkirbyjwa

dkirbyjwa New Member

Hey thanks, not a big deal. I can always buy a sim on ebay I guess. It's just that it doesn't have the same number.

4. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    Your going to have to get a SIM from a GSM carrier with some sort of service plan either pre pay or post pay, also that phone needs to be a quad band 800,900,1800,1900 or it wont work in the US.

5. dkirbyjwa

dkirbyjwa New Member

I'll have to check, but I think it says it's a "dual band" on the box. 900 / 1800 I think. So will it even work in the states if I get a GSM sim card?

6. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.

It has to be either 800 or 1900 to use in the states but its better to have both so you can roam on other networks. If its only 900 and 1800 its only good in Europe for the most part.

7. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    As CellOneTech mentioned, you will not be able to use a 900/1800 phone in the United States, but you will be able to use it all over Europe next time you head back. :D
    The U.S. uses 850/1900 bands, so unless you find a phone that can utilize those bands you will not get any service.