Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

NET 10 SIDs- how to find

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by JasonWells, Apr 13, 2008.

1. JasonWells

JasonWells Junior Member

My Phone:
    AT&T i phone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, VZW
    On the NET 10 phones, a Nokia, how can one find what system it is using? The reception and quality seem to be great! They must have many roaming agreements, the signal is usually very strong. I haevn't found anything in the menu options to make it show what system it is using. How can that be viewed?

2. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    Net 10 mostly uses the AT&T GSM network, and SIDs are not used with GSM.
    Also, the UI's on the prepaid Net 10 phones are not as good,
    and the options to view whose network you're using is likely hidden & locked.

But chances are, you are using AT&T's network with Net 10.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Scott Watson

Scott Watson New Member

The networks you use depend on where your phone number is assigned. South Dakota has almost no AT&T presence. It is more likely you will have a CDMA phone and that will operate on Alltel in SD, and roam on Verizon outside of Alltel's home area. Alltel is noted for good coverage.

NET 10 = Tracfone. No one has taken interest in decoded their PRL, but while they have coverage almost everywhere, they will always favor the carrier that gives them the best deal.

4. JasonWells

JasonWells Junior Member

My Phone:
    AT&T i phone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, VZW
    Thank you for the info. I purchased it and activated it in Mankato, MN, which has AT&T..I think. It has a SIM card, so must be GSM. Comparing signal to the T-Mobile, it seem to prefer Alltel GSM, but also T-Mobile. In the Minneapolis area, it must use AT&T, because the signal strength doesn't match T-Mobile. It also must use Long Lines wireless in IA. Anyway, thank you for the help. I suppose the phones are locked up tightly. Anyay, in the areas of use, it seems to have good reception. ;)

5. gpatrick900

gpatrick900 New Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox 8600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Pageplus which uses Verizon
    You can tell what network your phone uses. Open up the phone. Remove the battery. If the is a sim card. C4 is ATT T? is Tmobile. I dont know all of the codes. If there is no sim chip, then you have a cdma phone.