Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Need Voicestream feedback for Philadelphia (PA), Hartford (CT), Southern NJ (Gloucester Twp)

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by ksfhhllp, Jun 27, 2002.

1. ksfhhllp

ksfhhllp New Member

Hi, I'm looking to get the VoiceStream family plan and want some feedback on coverage/call quality for Philadelphia, Hartford, and Southern Jersey (close to Philly, especially Somerdale).

Any help is appreciated!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I live in Delco, work in Chester County, and regularly travel to Philly along with South Jersey. Most of the few people I know with Voicestream experience dropped calls up along 202, 95 below Philly Int'l, and throughout the New Jersey Turnpike. I personally use Cingular/ATT-WS and have always had a signal when those around with Voicestream did not.

3. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Wow, I have never heard any problems with VStream on the turnpike. VStream is good for most of Central/North Jersey.

4. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I've never had a dropped call while roaming on 295, NJTP, GSP, 287, or 80. Coverage has always seemed fine when I go up there, and I've had VS for almost 2.5 years. I've also traveled along 95...especially up to and along the Blue Route (476) and never had any problems.....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    My older brother has voicestream on an older Nokia phone (looks like a 5165 but maybe a year or two older). From the little we've talked about it, he's had a good experience with them in Hartford and the surrounding towns as well as the New Haven area. I've never used it and I think it's the only phone he's had so "good" may mean a different thing to him than it does to me. FWIW, the few times I've goofed around with his phone it's always had full signal strentgh at my parent's house outside of Hartford.

6. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    I'm currently in Cherry Hill, NJ (this week) right off exit 32 on 295. My 16 year old cousin has Voicestream and he said is sucks. No service at his house, frequent outages... Voicemail problems and a lot of dropped calls. At first I didn't believe him, (being opened minded) so I had to see for myself....we took a trip to Margate and Wildwood. Sure enough, Voicestream stinks in south Jersey compared to everyone else.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...