Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Need Some Input

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Steve B, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I am coming back to Sprint. My phone (A920) arrives tomorrow. Now I am having second thoughts on the phone. I am seriously taking a look at the LG LX-350. I need some advice. I got the SERO plan. Since I don't have any TV channels included with my particular package. The only advantage of having the A920 is the MP3 player, EVDO. I can still browse the web on the slower speeds. Given its only a cell phone and not a computer, that should be fine. In other respects the phones have similar features. The LX-350 is a lot cheaper. What do you guys think?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CellGeek

CellGeek Sprint is the BOMB!

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The A920 will work with telenav. (www.telenav.com). The 350 will not and therefore I would go with the A920.

3. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I wouldn't be using it since it costs to use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The LX-350 which is now only priced at $200 is probably the best non-evdo phone Sprint offers. It has bluetooth, decent camera, good battery life, good color screen, FOTA that actually works, and has the new picturemail & text messaging enhancements. The one thing I should mention is that the keypad is a lot different than on most phones so it might take some getting used to. I happen to like it myself but I'm sure some people might not. It's also smaller than the A920.

5. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    If you don't really need/want a mp3 player, and data is not that important then the LX-350 would be a better choice. Their is a nice boost in speed with EV-DO & WAP pages on a regular phone. :)

6. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I would never give up my grandfathered $10 ulimited Vision plan (which also happens to include U/L texts & pictures) for EV-DO. :)

7. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Haha, I had that, I wouldn't give it up earlier. It's just that either phone I get, I get the same kind of Vision Package except one is EV-DO with Streaming TV/Music etc which is expensive to use and I don't want to be racking up my bill. LOL

8. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Like others have said, if you don't want the MP3 give the LG some serious consideration. As Budney pointed out though, even on a regular phone you will notice the difference between EVDO and regular data. But if you won't use the internet much, I'd say go with the LG.

9. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I think I am going to stay with the A920. I went to a Sprint store today to take a look at the LX-350. It was ok. The keypad design was ok but, I didn't like the material it was made of. I am going to do an exchange of the A920 though because every once in a while I will hear a very light pop or click type sound in the earpiece just before someone says something to me on the phone.

10. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Just make sure your a920 has the latest software version (ES.A920 ZB07) on it. Their have been some key updates to fix some bugs.

11. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    That was the first thing I did when I got the phone, run the updates. There was two of them and I have the latest, ZB07. I am exchaning this phone for another of the same model because I don't know if this is how the phone is designed but, I hear a very faint pop/click in the earpiece just before someone says something. It usually happens after there has been silence for so many seconds. It's not really that bad, I can easily get used to it. Doing an exchange once is worth it though if it might fix it.

12. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    OK, sounds like the speaker may be defective then. Something like that would annoy the hell out of me :)

13. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    It can be kind of annoying. The only thing I can think of that it is sometimes the sound when the speaker is "activated" with a sound coming through it. It's hard to explain. My other phone is on its way though, it should be here sometime next week.

14. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Sometimes it's the software version on the phone that can do things like that. The A680 had a fine earpiece until they released version YA28. After the update many of us noticed intermittent hissing sounds in the earpiece.

15. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Good piece of information. I didn't realize software could do that. LOL It doesn't hurt to exchange it once though for that reason. It really wasn't that bad so if it happens on the second one, then I'll just ignore it.

16. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yes it can, that is why I asked if you updated the software. But it sounds like your phone's earpiece may be on the brink of shorting out (loose connection/defective). So an exchange would be a good idea. :)

17. sheureka

sheureka Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    And then there are the lucky few who still have $10 Vision (with u/l text and pictures) and EVDO! :D - sheureka

18. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well after my second A920, I give up. The second A920 had the same issues the first one did and then some. The same bad ear piece speaker in the handset (popping or clicking sound and the speaker itself sounds bad when turned up to at 5 or higher). I also noticed that when I try to view VoiceSMS messages, the phone freezes for a a few seconds then reboots itself. So, I am exchanging the second A920 for the LG Fusic phone. My friend had just signed up with Sprint and got that phone and I had a chance to tinker with it and it seems like a great phone. So, that is what I'm going for.