Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by TarragonOxide, May 10, 2003.

1. TarragonOxide

TarragonOxide New Member

I have a Sprint contract that has already exceeded its one-year agreement and I'm looking forward to getting a new phone. I'm thinking about the LG VX 4400 which I heard was pretty good and durable from fellow Verizon Wireless Customers (I am also happy with my LG VX1) and also because of Verizon's great plans (Unlimited Txt Messaging for $2.99 a month). However what I really want to get my hands on is the Sprint's Sanyo 8100 with built-in-camera. I heard from the Sanyo Forum also on WirelessAdvisor.com that the Sanyo 8100 is compatible with Verizon Wireless services. So these are my options and questions.

1) Will I be renewing my contract if I was to activate my Sprint account with the Sanyo 8100? Because I heard that they give you a couple of days to try the service and can cancel within that period and keep the phone, if I'm correct. So I can merely buy the Sanyo 8100 from Sprint and run with it and just use it on a new Verizon account.

2) Is the current offer for the Sanyo 8100 for $99 only for new activations? Meaning that the activation charge would still apply?

3) I heard about Verizon and new camera phones in June. Should I just be patient?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Codepyro

Codepyro Senior Member

sanyo 8100 will not work on the verizon network...because it probably has a subsidy lock...what this means that if the phone is only 200 dollars retail but for sprint customers its onl 99...that means sprint the company has to pay the manufacturer 99...since sprint doesn't you take thier phone which they paid half for(technically sprint 99 + you 99 = $200) they lock it so you can't use it with other providers...

3. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    if you have the subsidy lock removed thats only your first obsticle. after that you would need to convince verizon to activate it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...