Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Need Prepaid Advice(Connecticut)

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    Went over the the Verizon Store in Manchester, CT this afternoon. Very helpful guy named Brad set me up with the FreeUp plan. Very personable. He also did me a huge favor. I commented on how ugly I thought the Kyocera 2135 that they include with the FreeUp plan was and asked if the Black version was the same. He said yes but the Black was for post paid plans. He then said he'd just switch the faces so I could have a black one rather than the gawdy blue/purple one. So I've got a black Kyocera 2135 now. I played around with one in the store and I really liked the menus. I still have to let mine charge up but I think I'm gonna really like this service. As someone before stated, the Verizon people treat Freeup customers just like post pay customers. Never did he try and steer my off of a Prepay plan. I was very happy with the service I got there. Now as long as my phone service is as good I'll be all set [​IMG]

2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    that will be a good choice in phones

I feel that it is a better choice then the 120C

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah that was me who said they treat you like a regular customer, and Ill find out tommorow again. MY DANG phone will NOT let me make calls when I am outside of N. VA/ DC. I can roam in maryland, DC, etc, but past there.....no outgoing calls, its insane. Off to the Verizon store I go. So, what's wrong witht he 120c, I like its looks....what's the best phone for FREEUP now (price/durability) wise? I wanted to recommend the 120 to my stepdad.

4. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    Tried the phone at home today. Got 4 bars of signal with the antenna down. I get 3-4 bars at school and the Roaming indicator doesn't come on so it looks like Verizon has strong coverage both at my home and school. So far I'm very pleased with FreeUp.