Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Need input on cellular service in southern VT area

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by cybermom, Dec 2, 2001.

1. cybermom

cybermom New Member

Want to buy a cell phone for my parents who live in Manchester, VT. They travel the N-W area from Bennington to Rutland, and the E-W area from Stratton Mtn/Bondville VT to Clifton Park/Saratoga NY regularly. Does anyone have any info on that area? I have used my verizon phone both in Manchester and Clifton Park with very good results, but I have not had a chance to try in throughout the region.

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    As a suggestion, call Verizon customer service (611 or *611) and ask them if the areas you mentioned are covered by digital or analog towers. If they answer digital, then service is most probably pretty good. If they answer analog, then service, although still very useful, may be spotty in areas. Typically, most carriers have built out their networks in more densely populated areas and major highways. Both Verizon and ATT have the most robust networks.

3. milarepa

milarepa New Member

Thanks Kevin for your suggestion. Im in northeastern VT, a soon to be cellular user, and wondering basically what cybermom asked. ATT from their web page doesnt appear to cover VT. Verizon also may be biggest because theyre the only guys out in the sticks. Id be interested to hear from cybermom any discoveries shes made that might be applicable to the rest of VT.

These forums should charge, they provide so much useful info!!

4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    You might call ATT. I was asked about a similar situation in Oregon recently. It turned out that though it is not a market owned by ATT (thus nothing on the website), ATT did have affiliate businesses in the area. Another resource is to go to a cellular store and ask who the TDMA carrier is in the area.

Send check or money order care of Kevin James :)

5. V60t

V60t New Member

I'm in randolph center and att works great. Most of vermont is TDMA.
    I was on US celluar and the customer service is terrable. They even managed to charge me roaming whenever i was on a cingular tower in MY HOME AREA!
    Nextel will be there sept of 2002!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Cybermom,
    AT&T does not serve that area. However, you can use the carrier that AT&T roams on in that area, Cellular One. See their web site at:

http://www.cellularone-phones.com/

They have a bunch of different plans that covers just a small area, a few states, several states, or the nation. It looks like you will need the plan one step up from the bottom that includes most of the Northeast.

I have never used Cellular One in Vermont, but they are an established carrier and have had time to 'get it right'. You can't go wrong with either them or Verizon.

-Bill Radio
    -www.mountainwireless.com

7. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Go with cellular one. I have friends that have cellular one in ohio and they are great.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...