Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Need Help with Verizon Wireless pricing...

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by French, May 25, 2004.

1. French

French New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have a family share plan and we signed up for the person to person calling (or whatever Verizon calls it...but it means we can call anyone within the Network and we aren't using our regular minutes).

Anyway, I thought it was explained to me that the primary user (me) gets this automatically, but that if I wanted the rest of my family to have the same thing it would be an additional $10 for the plan. Not for each user, but for the entire plan.

Is this right? I have 3 people total on the plan and I just added the third person. I was SHOCKED to see my bill double. By adding one more person and the person to person calling?? That seems ridiculous.

So is it $10 PER PERSON or $10 PER PLAN to add that feature?

2. kranium007

kranium007 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Network

it is supposed to be per account, not per line.

3. French

French New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thank you! That's what I thought. They MUST be charging me for each number or something. There's no other explanation for why my bill would double, even with all the extra taxes and BS they add on.

4. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I am pretty sure it is per account. But ck the bill carefully. I got a new contract and phone. All of a sudden my bill is 5 dollars more a month. I call and they tell me they gave me the insurance (without asking). I told them to drop it. Next month my bill is 3 dollars more than it should be. The gave me the extended warranty. In any event, providers of cell service are notorious for charging anything they can get away with.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I will not even go into detail about my contract change 2 years ago, when a $35 bill, became over 300.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Critic

Critic The Digital Ruler

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    As I thought I understood the newer FamilyShare plans, the primary line got unlimited in-network calling. The additional lines got unlimited family-to-family calling only; unlimited in-network was an additional charge.

7. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    That's what I thought too...

8. French

French New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Critic: I think you may be right.

At any rate, it turns out they did set up my account wrong. They had me with two primary numbers and one sharing (rather than one primary and 2 sharing). I'm getting a nice credit and am much happier. I'm paying the extra $10 for step kid and DH to have unlimited in Network calling because skid knows lots of people on Verizon.