Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

need help with V3C

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Ironwalt, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I am on my 2nd V3 and just had Alltel update the S/W to fix a text problem. Now with the new S/W, the battery meter is off (showing a full battery, when it is not or showing a dead battery that last for hours) and when you hook the phone to charge (with the phone on) the battery the backlight stays on now. Has any one seen this before????

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    no have not seen that one. My v3 seems to have no issues. i have the old s/w version though. U may want to ask a retail location to flash the old version in as long as your min and mdn match

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    But the old S/W was sending a text message every 15 to 30 mins for about 12 hrs.. The 4th Tech I talked to @ Alltel and the 2nd tech @ motorola told me that it was the Moto S/W and I needed to have a S/W patch loaded. That is when the other problems started.

4. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    My thought: The representative who flashed your phone, horribly :censored:ed it up. The new firmware should have corrected the SMS issue but not caused the issues you describe. You should have S/W verion GATW_04.04.00R. To check your S/W/ version, select Menu, Phone Status, Other Information, S/W Version. If you do not have GATW_04.04.00R you need to have your phone reflashed.

Reflashing may help anyway, what it sounds like is that the full updated S/W version was not allowed to load into your phone. As though the flashing were interrupted.

5. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thanks Moto! I have S/W GATW_04.06.00R, So I guess it's back to Alltel after work. I hope the Rep today knows what they are doing. The Rep I have had forever (from 1997) is off having a baby and I don't know or trust anyone else and stuff like this is why. Thanks again Moto.

6. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    The sms issue was a problem in previous moto phones as well. the phones are not telling the network that they received the message. I have seen these phones try to be flashed and it usually helps. As far as your issue with the Razr either the flash did not take as he stated, or the phone is just not going to load it. Personally mine has had no issues with the old S/W version at all.

7. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I got the 1st V3C when they Alltel 1st put them out. The problem with that one was with the web S/W. Then in January they give me the phone I have now and everything was fine till I had the problem with the text. Now it is something new everyday with the battery meter and the backlight. I hope like Motohooligan was talking about having the S/W flashed again will put the phone back in good working order.

8. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I had the S/W reflashed and it looks like it fixed some of the problems. The store rep told me that this S/W verison was the 3rd patch from Motorola and that it had just came out. As luck would have, I'm the 1st to have problems with the new verison that he has seen.

9. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Did it seem to help with the display light staying on while charging? I just exchanged my first phone with GATW_04.06.00R that had the inside/outside lights on while charging. MY battery meter would go from full(6) down to (2) in a short time then with about a short phone call or two the low battery beep would come on and beep all day till you charged it.

My new phone has GATW_04.04.00R. Only time will tell with the battery meter, but the display light is still on while charging. I just got the phone late last night and just charged it today.

They are doing tower work in my area and I had some reception problems so I questioned Alltel about it and they just exchanged the phone. Like that did any good but I thought maybe I could get rid of the light and battery meter problems and went along with it:)

10. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Sorry to hear that. With the reflash I had done with the new S/W it has fixed (looks that way for now anyway) the battery meter, but the displays still light when charging. I guess all we can do is see what fix they will come up with next.

11. MandyD1982

MandyD1982 New Member

Hello.

I purchased a motorola razr v3c from altell in october 06. The phone worked great for a while, but then it started locking up some of my text messages in my outbox. I could'nt open them or delete them. I called alltel and they sent me a replacement phone...well this one worked for a week and is doing the same thing now. Any suggestions???

- Mandy

12. Shockwave13

Shockwave13 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto V9m RAZR2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel =)
    That was a well known issue with the Moto V3c, check your software make sure you have the latest for that model. Other than that you will have to go through what myself and many others did. Many many visits or calls to swap out the phone under warranty... least until you get tired of it and buy something else.. or the warranty runs out...

13. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Ditto. The S/W version should be GATW_04.06.00R That is the version that fixed my text problem anyway.

14. MandyD1982

MandyD1982 New Member

That is the version of my razr. I called alltel yet again today because they told me to take my phone to an alltel store to have it flashed...people at the store said they did'nt have the right software to do it..of course. LOL So they are sending me yet ANOTHER replacement razr...hope this one will do what it's supposed to.

15. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wirelessly posted (Ironwalt's v3c: MOT-GATW_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.112 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Thats wild. Thats the last sw update i know of for the v3c model. Sorry. I hope someone on here my know of something else to try.

16. MandyD1982

MandyD1982 New Member

Well when i talked to alltel about getting the replacement phone the chick suggested taking the battery out of the phone while it's still on..put it back in & try to delete the locked messages right when it happens..and well that worked today but i've got 3 old locked up messages that refuse to budge. lol So i'll keep that in mind with the new phone i guess.

17. MandyD1982

MandyD1982 New Member

Well i received the replacement razr in the mail today..i put it right back into the box. LOL It is SO badly scratched! The screen is all scuffed up, the housing is scratched and it makes an awful screeching sound when you flip it open. LOL They cannot honestly believe i would keep this phone, and i refuse to. I'll keep the one i have that doesnt work right over this other peice of crap. lol It looks like it's been run over. LOL
    This is getting ridiculous...

18. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wirelessly posted (Ironwalt's v3c: MOT-GATW_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.112 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Is there a alltel corp store near you? If so take it in and tell them to take care of it there. If not call back and ask to talk to a superviser and dont no for a answer. Ive been with alltel for 10 years. They are great but they can be a pain sometimes too. Dont give up on them.

19. MandyD1982

MandyD1982 New Member

I've been to one alltel corp. store here and she girl said she did not have the right software to update/flash my phone..she said they would get it eventually. I don't know if that's true or if she was just stupid. LOL

20. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

That happens. Are you calling customer service rep. or tech rep.?

21. MandyD1982

MandyD1982 New Member

Tech rep...

22. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

Im not sure what the problem could be. Have you asked this over on the motorola page? If not you may want to try that. There is a lot that read that more than here and know a lot about motos. Sorry i cant be more help.