Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Need help with phone and service (Opinions on Nokia 7160)

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Susanscuba, Nov 10, 2001.

1. Susanscuba

Susanscuba New Member

Since the days of "car phones," I have had service with BellSouth Mobility, now Cingular. No problems with service and until now, no problems with phone, although I have a Motorola StarTac which is essentially worthless. I exchanged the first one, so this is the second one I've had and even with a brand new battery, it will not hold a charge. I am extremely frustrated and simply want to get another phone, which apparently isn't that simple.

From what information I have gathered online, I really like the features of the Nokia 7160. Can anyone tell me about their experience with this phone?

The complication is we are moving to the Washington, DC area within the next few months and I'm told I may not be able to use certain phones in the area. If this is true, then I may as well start over and look for another service provider.

Any comments on service providers in the DC area would be appreciated; if anyone else out there has a Nokia 7160, please let me know which service providers in DC offer that phone for use. Thanks!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I've had a 7160 on Cingular in the central NJ area for about two months. Overall I like the phone. It is not as flashy as some of the smaller Nokias, but I picked it because of the larger screen. I plan to get set up to get email on it. It has a roller navigator in place of the center button which makes it easy to get to the names stored in the phone. There is a sliding cover that covers the keys. With the roller you don't have to slide open the cover to call #s you have stored. My reception and battery time are good. Sorry I can't comment on Cingular's DC coverage but in NJ my experience with their coverage has been very good.

FO

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Forget it - they are junk. I am on my fifth relacement since April. Nokia and Cingular are blaming each other. End result is junk phone and unreliable service with everyone covering their asses.