Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

CENTRAL U.S. -- Need help with my Motorola RAZR v3

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by rshep, Apr 29, 2010.

1. rshep

rshep New Member

I have an Alltel Motorola RAZR V3a. I would like to have it unlocked, but there is not a number underneath the battery that says IMEI. Which one is it? Also, where I live now, Alltel has been taken over by Verizon. I don't have service, and I'd like to change my phone over to Straight Talk. They use the RAZR, too. Can anyone help me???

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hello, the Alltel RAZR V3a is a CDMA phone and as such it cannot be unlocked or used with another provider.

Even though Straight Talk uses the RAZR V3a, it has it's own firmware in it. Sorry but you will need to get a phone from Straight Talk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 charlyee, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  3. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    The number under the battery that proves the phone's individuality to a CDMA service provider is the ESN, Electronic Serial Number.

It would be worth asking at the Verizon (former Alltel) store if your phone could be returned to service.

COtech

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...