Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Need help - New to Virginia

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by carebear, Jul 31, 2002.

1. carebear

carebear New Member

Hi, i'm new to virgina and need help on getting information on the best provider in this area. I'm staying in the Falls Church region in VA. I was looking at the phones provided by cingular, verizon, voicestream, ... they are really not my kind of phone. I'm looking for a plan that includes long distance, no roaming and hopefully unlimited nites and weekend. Any suggestion?

another question, could i purchase a phone (say from the website) and go to any suggested service provider to just get a plan?...[​IMG]

2. skadoo323

skadoo323 Junior Member

I personally dont know how reception is around that area though the carriers you mentioned, but I know that verizon is offering free night and weekend deals for free on some packages or for $5 on other packages. Plus you can get 1000 mobile to mobile minutes on verizon's plan. I have their Americas Choice plan and so far havent had any troubles. The recpetion is great and clear. I have a motorola v60i phone. I live in Maryland, but the reception is great when I'm at college during the semesters and when I am at home for breaks. My parents have AT&T service and use a motorola v60t, but atleast in buildings my phone seems to have better reception. I also had Sprint before and I didnt have much trouble with them except that their mobile web service didnt work in my home and in some building around campus I wouldnt get recpetion. But the verizon service gets way better recpetion in the building around campus. We used to have cingular back their service wasn't too good, I guess it was partly due to the fact that we live in a rural area. I know that the service providers which you listed do have trial periods, so if I were you I would take advantage of that and just try out the providers nd see which one works the best for you. Other providers give around 3600 or more night and weekend minutes and that may be fine for you. I chose verison because their reception was better for me in the areas that I am frequently in, plus with free night/weekend minutes and especially 1000 mobile to mobile verizon minutes that definately saves me money since I'm always talking to my girlfriend who also has verizon.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Sprint's reception in Northern VA is not great - poor reception in Lake Ridge/Woodbridge, Reston and Burke. Dulles/Sterling's reception is great though.