Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Need help from a VX8300 Guru

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by yaworski, Dec 10, 2010.

1. yaworski

yaworski Junior Member

Okay, I've finally abandoned my VX6100, too many problems after it sat outside in the rain for two days.

First question. Is there a way to get rid of that anoying VCast ad when the phone turns on? I'd like to replace it with something else if possible.

Second question. Is there an easy way to sync the phone with Windows Media Player? I'd especially like to use the playlists that I've already created and use on my MP3 player.

Thanks.

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Unless you're able to flash the phone and remove the VZ bloatware, there isn't much you can do about the opening VCast ad.

Now as far as the music player, according to it's specifcations (LG VX8300 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), the phone is compatible with WMA files, so you should be able to add your music to it. That is unless Verizon has worked their voo-doo magic on the phone and blocked everything but their native music software and associated crap. If this is the case, again, if you know how to removed the bloatware, this is what you'd have to do to have unrestricted access. Just be careful not to brick the phone.

You can use up to a 2GB microSD card or TransFlash memory up to 4GB.

If you have a data cable to connect it to a computer, you should be set.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. yaworski

yaworski Junior Member

Dang! I was hoping to get rid of that ad. What I'd really like to do is use the start up picture that I've had on my phones for years. Wouldn't even begin to have a clue about how to flash a phone.

I can copy music onto the phone but unlike my mp3 player, all of the songs have to be in one directory and it doesn't seem to support WMP style playlists.

4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Yeah, that phone is too old for much music player customization. Being able to play your music though, is better than nothing at all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...