Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Need help deciding on phone

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by vicken, Feb 6, 2007.

1. vicken

vicken Junior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I am thinking about signing up with Verizon and need to know which phone to get. I want a flip phone with preferably no external antenna. I want a phone that is going to give me strong reception. Thanks

2. cellular_freak

cellular_freak Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5S 64GB White
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    With Verizon, the phone with the strongest signal is the Motorola V325i. I had that phone when I first signed up with Verizon and it was excellent! The only thing is that it has an external antenna, but that's what gives it it's excellent reception. I returned it though within my first fifteen days because I wanted a phone with VCast, so I got the LG VX8600 which also has EXCELLENT reception, and has an internal antenna. If you want VCast and the internal antenna is really important to you, I would go with the LG VX8600. If you don't care for VCast and just want a simple phone with great reception, I would go with the Motorola V325i.

3. vicken

vicken Junior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    What about the razr or krazr? Do these phones get really strong reception?

4. cellular_freak

cellular_freak Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 5S 64GB White
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I'm not quite sure because when I used to have the RAZR, it was with a GSM company and it would always have a "buzz" in the earpiece and everyone could here it. Also, I have friends that have the RAZR and say they don't like it. I'm not too sure about the KRZR but I'm sure it's very similar to the RAZR. I know that Motorola's UI tends to be kinda slow, but they have Verizon's UI over top of them, so it may be better. If I were you, I would stick with that V325i or the LG VX8600 or something similar.

5. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    ive test driven the Verizon RAZRS and they are pretty nice...........the T-Mobile and Cingular RAZRs arent all that great..........prone to things like freeze-ups and resets

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mbodua

mbodua New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have the RAZR, and my husband has the KRAZR. We just switched from Sprint, and we are so impressed with Verizon and the RAZRs. SUCH better reception!!!

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    here in Reading, PA.........i think that the Sprint coverage is just as good if not better than Verizon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I own the Samsung SCH A930; I am pleased with the reception on it... I've taken a shine on the internal antenna. I love it. My next phone may not have an external antenna on it:D The phone may look clunky when compared with the RAZR/KRZR or the VX8600, but the phone is great for reception; I do agree with the other posters when it comes to the Moto V325/325i. I gave my mom the V325 and she somehow lost the antenna on it, impairing the reception. The phone still pulls in a good signal despite the missing antenna...

9. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I've heard that from many CDMA Motos

10. dead zone

dead zone Junior Member

My Phone:
    VX10000 Voyager
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

razor v3m = great reception great call quality..........nice inside screen poor front LCD screen

krazr- same but poor everything else.

go wit a 8600 if you dont think speakerphones are important.

11. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well I recently bought the LG VX8600.

Within the past year, I have tried the Motorola E815 (one of the best phones that I have ever had but they have discontinued making them), Motorola Q (nice smartphone but a little bulky and the reception is not so great in fringe areas), LG enV (nice phone but the reception was not as strong as the 8600), and 8600 (strong reception).

I would say to get the LG VX8600 and try it out. I have gotten reception in areas inside buildings where I did not get it with my enV. Remember that you have 15 days to try out the phone. You also have one "swap" during that time to switch to a new phone. Good luck.

12. bonoriffic

bonoriffic Senior Member

My Phone:
    V9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If you can wait until next month the MOTORAZR Ve MAXX will be coming out.

13. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    what features will the MAXX have that the RAZR doesn't have