Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Need Help Changing Cover Faceplate Candid KX16

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by Sunflwr1SWKS, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Sunflwr1SWKS

Sunflwr1SWKS New Member

Hi!
    I googled to find this forum.
    I need help with changing the Cover Faceplate on a Kyocera Candid KX16
    If someone knows how or If someone can tell me where to find the instructions I would appreciate the help.
    Thank YOU!
    Brenda
    Sunflwr1SWKS

2. samawi12

samawi12 New Member

how many phone kx16 do u have?

3. NoLimit_05

NoLimit_05 New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103 OEM Factory
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular / T-Mobile

1. Above the LCD screen, locate the little opening for the speaker. Now, look to the left and right of the speaker. You'll see two little raised circles. These are actually screw covers that pop right out!

2. Directly below the LCD screen is a label for the provider of your phone service. Turns out that this is also a screw cover! It has some adhesive, so you may have to work at it just a bit to get it off. There are 2 screws underneath.

All 4 screws require a T4 screwdriver head. I don't know how readily available that is in your local hardware store, but I know for sure that you can buy them on the Internet. Once you have the 4 screws out, you can use a thin pry tool to pop off the faceplate. Then it's just a matter of putting on the new faceplate on and putting the 4 screws back in.

Good Luck!!

4. Eriisu

Eriisu New Member

My Phone:
    Kyocera Xcursion KX160
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular
    You can get the T4 screwdriver at your local Lowe's store. Just ask an employee to help you find one so you don't spend hours looking.