Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SOUTH U.S. -- Need Another Service for Flashed LG Rumor 2

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by seancwatson, Feb 5, 2010.

1. seancwatson

seancwatson New Member

Ok this is a bit confusing. I bought aSprint LG Rumor 2 off ebay that was already unlocked flashed for MetroPCS. I got the phone working yada yada yada with metro, but now I live in Tallahassee and Metro doesn't have coverage up here just yet.
    My question is, is there another company that I can use this phone on that won't charge me an arm and a leg for "security deposit"? I would prefer Virgin Mobile, Boost, or any other unlimited prepaid service.
    I can't use Cricket either, there's no coverage here and I would really prefer not to buy ANOTHER phone as this one is less the 3 months old.

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Sorry to say your options are limited.

Whether Virgin Mobile will activate the phone is something you should ask them. You never know, they might.

Boost is not an option as they use iDEN phones, which are incompatible with CDMA phones like your LG Rumor. Though Boost is starting to sell CDMA phones, it may not be enough for you to activate on them.

Hopefully Quint101 will chime in here. He lives in Tallahassee, so he may be able to give you another option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Sorry, living in the Florida panhandle limits the wireless carriers... I haven't heard of any carriers or retailers who flash phones around here. You are likely out of luck :( You will likely have to cut your losses with the Sprint phone.

If you can snag an old Verizon (or maybe Alltel) phone, you can give Page Plus a try as they have a $40 plan that includes unlimited SMS and voice.

Boost has IDEN and CDMA qwerty phones starting at $80... AT&T has their LG Neon for the same price but $50 of airtime is included (and you can pay $60 for unlimited voice/S MS);

TMobile has its Complete service where you buy a Complete kit and get the 1st month's service included in the price. Phones start at $60 for a Samsung slider, $140 for the Samsung Slider and $300 (i think ) for a Blackberry. You will have to go to Best Buy (or maybe WalMart)...

Virgin Mobile also sells the Rumor2; the online price is $80. Don't know whether VM will activate the Sprint branded phone.

At least you can consider your existing phone as a giant coupon towards another phone :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  4. seancwatson

seancwatson New Member

Thanks for the info, I'll call Virgin on Monday, if not then AT&T has that refurb LG Neon GoPhone which doesn't seem half bad. I could always sell the phone back on ebay and atleast get some of my money back