Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Need Advice Selecting Cellular Service

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Jeff, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Jeff

Jeff New Member

I live in the Wash DC area and travel to the Boston area alot (Cape Cod). I get alot of dropped calls or alot of blind spots with AT&T. Which provider has the best coverage between DC and Boston? Also problems with echo and problems with my callers being able to hear me but I can't hear them. I'm using the AT&T Ericsson Pocket net phone model #R280LX which I think is terrible. I like being able to receive my e-mails without being limited to 140-160 characters as appears to be the case with text messaging services only. I also want a phone that I can use outside of the US, that has a good size screen for reading my e-mails, has voice recognition for dialing outgoing calls(and reading e-mails back to me would also be great but less important). I would like a dual band or triband phone and probably a dual mode phone as well for those areas that don't have any digital. What do you all recommend? I can't decide between all of the overwhelming choices- AT&T, NEXTEL, Verizon, Cingular, VoiceStream, and Sprint PCS. I'm beyond lost and need some real good advice. Everyone tells me something different and I don't know what to think. GSM, TDMA, iDEN, TDMA, SMS, AMPS, etc. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

2. zorba

zorba New Member

Check out !Cingular, it may still be called Cellular One where you are. The Nokia 3360 or 8260 are their best phones, they are both digital & analog. I live outside of Albany, NY but spend a lot of time on Cape Cod in the summer and my phone works fine everywhere on the cape.