Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

My two year contract is about to expire

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by scrim67, Sep 28, 2005.

1. scrim67

scrim67 New Member

My two year contract with Verizon expires in a few days.

I am happy with my service but does anyone know what kind of deal they give when your 2 year contract expires as it pertains to buying a new phone? My wife also has a contract that expires the same time so perhaps they offer a deal with 2 new phones?

Can anyone recommend a good phone that uses Verizon.

Right now I have an LG camera phone that I got in Dec 2003. It's been a decent phone but I really need a speakerphone option. Also the battery/charging has been acting funky the last few months.

Any suggestions on a good quality phone with speakerphone/camera/Internet access?

Thanks in advance.

I'm in Central NJ if that matters.

Mike

2. xikle

xikle For rent: inquire below

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    If you are willing to sign another 2 year contract VZW will give you $100 off the 2 yr contract price of the phone, it's called "new every 2".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. foraminal

foraminal New Member

My Phone:
    E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Go with another carrier and get a free phone. Search the internet for better deals than the carrier website. You always get a cooler phone from the internet than the carrier's store/website. I am a new Verizon subscriber. I got a free Motorola E815 plus a free bluetooth and car charger after rebates of course. Verzion website/store/kiosh- I have to pay from $100-150 for the phone and they don't even include the bluetooth or car charger. As a rule of thumb. All carrier wants you as a new subscriber and willing to give you the best deals on phone. If you are a current subsriber you are SOL.

Can't wait till Sept 2007, I will be porting to another carrier with a new cool FREE Phone.

4. bonoriffic

bonoriffic Senior Member

My Phone:
    V9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The Verizon New Every 2 deal is up to $100 off a new phone from the new subsciber price. Once your contract is up with Verizon they give you the exact same deals as a new subsciber, plus the $100 off. You must be on a $39.99 or higher plan to qualify. If you go to the family share plan from two seperate plans, upgrade first then the next day switch to family plan. Otherwise only one person gets the $100 credit.

As you've already said you are happy with Verizon I'd stay with them. Jumping carriers every 2 years just to save a few bucks is just asking for disappointment.

There is no reason to use your credit now though. Stay at the month to month rate until after Thanksgiving when you should have 2 new phones to choose from. The nearly free V325 and the expensive V3c and possibly the Q phone.

5. Outerlimit

Outerlimit Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    i agree with that, if i switched carries that often... i'd go crazy because cell reception are various locations would be different and other things... learnin the ins and outs, etc.

6. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    You might want to consider the Motorola V276 or the LG 5200. Both phones have a speakerphone and camera. Using the new every two year program either phone would be free for you.

7. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    You know at this point in time there are no phones I like with Verizon so I would not know what to tell you. Although from what I have heard you could go with the Motorola E815.