Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

My tower broke today

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by ace41690, Nov 9, 2009.

1. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    So theres a sprint tower on my campus, therfore, i always have awsome service:browani:, even in basements. Today I was on the phone and my call dropped. I was like wtf, that never happens. I looked at my phone and i had 1bar and then it went up to about 3 (i usually always have 5). So i'm assuming the tower spontaneously combusted and I lost service until my phone decided to connect to a different tower, further away. Also I suddenly had no service in the basement where I normally have 3 or 4 bars while nobody else with other providers ever has service. Now everything seems to be back to normal, but does what the hell happened? :mad:

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Temporary cell site outage. Happened to me at my local cell site just 2 weeks ago. My outage lasted for 4 days before they got it fixed. But since I have an Airave it didn't really matter unless I left the house while on a call.

3. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Ok its happeing again, like right now. Where i normally have -80 dBm on my blackberry I have -110dBm to no coverage. Whats weird is it is like the EXACT same time of day. Arrgghhh I'm starting to get pissed off

4. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Also, I heard a rumor that they were going to get rid of the tower? The guy I talked to didn't seem like he knew what he was talking about at all though. Would Sprint ever just remove a tower like that? Its a heavily used tower considering its on a campus, a lot of students have sprint and most of the staff does as well because sprint cut a deal with the college when they built the tower.

The only reason I still stick with Sprint is because I get the best reception here, if they take this tower away they can kiss my @$$ goodbye (Verizon is really leaps and bounds ahead of them in CT now), my contract is almost up for renewal anyway...

5. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  6. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    sigh... its miraculously working again:loony:... Its like someone is up there flipping switches. (but theres not, I looked)

Thanks for the number, it says I should try reg support first, if it keeps happening I will, but I don't have the time to talk to them right now. I have a feeling that all regular support would tell me is "we don't guarantee service inside buildings" or sometihng stupid, and then I would have to call the executive one anyway.

7. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    A very similar issue happened to me, actually. randomly, for a few days, my local tower was going up and down constantly, in periods of time, but not full time, unpredictably. A call to that number solved my issue real fast.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    No chance would they remove a tower without a replacement, especially on or near a campus where service to thousands of people could potentially be at stake.

9. crood

crood Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Moment
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Maybe there's maintenance going on at the tower. That might explain inconsistent functionality.