Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

My T-Mobile expierence & there lack of T68's!

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

My T-Mobile expierence & there lack of T68's!

Ok here we go! I live in the pasadena Califronia area. T-Mobile just came to town and there 39.99 national plan is pretty sweet. 1000 anytime minutes NO NIGHT MINUTES[​IMG] and unlimited weekends. Plus free roaming and free long distance even in the cream colored spots on the coverage map (AT&T wont even think of giving me that lol). I went into my local Cingular store (now a T-mobile store how odd lol) and they said they didnt offer the T68 but they could give me a V60G (They still call it just a regular V60 lol) for $80.00. Well thats all fine and dandy but I currently have a V60t with AT&T TDMA. Allthough, I must say the V60G is MUCH more light weight and alot slimmer then the T (stupid extra tdma circutry). Anyways, I called T-Mobile customer care (they dont list there sales number on there website.) And was told to call 1888-Streams, being a total _______ that iam I told the T-mobile person that I didnt want Voicestream, I wanted T-Mobile. He explained to me that Voicestream was T-mobile then I played the fool and said I still wanted just T-mobile. After about 20 minutes of this he actually hung up on me. So I call Voicestream and the nice man said they did offer the T68 BUT NOT OUT HERE YET! Furthermore the price was $249 with NO rebates and it was the T68m not the T68i grrrr. On the plus side I explained that my dad travels to Hong Kong alot and they want something like $1.49 per minute there. My dad has a extra motorola GSM phone he takes there and pay 3 cents per minute with prepaid SIMS. I asked him if it was possible to unlock the phone so he could exchange sim cards. The nice man put me onhold for 10 min then came back and told me that in order for my dad to be able to switch sim cards they would have to unlock the phone (no shat) he said that my dad would have to call Voicestream, tell him his problem, then THEY would decide rather or not to unlock his phone for him. So as of now iam not getting out of my AT&T contract for free. I figure that when AT&t GSM rolls out here on August 20th I'll just keep my same number, FINALLY get my T68i for $149 plus whatever rebates they have and be a happy camper with my free long distance from my home calling area. Those of you with GAIT phones, hows the AT&T Gsm coverage here? Bet its 50 times better then worthless Cingular lol.

- Stew

Still waiting for my T68 [​IMG]

2. Stew

Stew New Member

that last post was me i forgot to fill out my username [​IMG]

3. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

50 times worst than Cingular and T-Mobile. AT&T GSM coverage is very small everywhere, just look at the maps, and read everybody's posts on this forum. AT&T GSM just plain sucks. They need to expand more in one city, before moving on to the next. That is their problem. My advice is for you to just get a T68 off of eBay locked to Voicestream (T-Mobile). Voicestream will still warrant the phone, if it is their phone. They do carry the T68m everywhere but in the California area. This is because they are going to release the T68i soon.

4. rockstar

rockstar Member

Stew, I have Cingular and have no problems in that area of California... You might wanna ask a friend who has Cingular if their coverage has improved. The t68i is a great phone. I think Cingular is getting it soon. The present version of the phone does almost everything that the 'I' does minus the cooler texting mms features. Cingular will be supporting this soon. I know people hate that carrier on this site but the coverge really is not that bad....

Also, stay off the 'oi' music... man those kids are mean.

5. Stew

Stew New Member

Thanks for the advice guys. Im gonna go ahead and go with T Mobile. Theres a place that will give me a v60G for free. Im gonna get that then work on gettin a T68 later. As for cingular improving.... Heres what i was able to gather: Voicestream is buying cingulars towers. The cingular guy was careful to tell me that they are not buying them out... Just buying there towers. My friend has a Ericsson t28(?) world phone and his coverage has barley, if any, increased in the last few months. Its gonna feel really werid detaching from At&t that has served me without any major problems for about 2 years now. Im just hoping T-Mobile isnt like cingular or pac bell when they frist started up... Ill keep everyone posted!
    - Stew

6. calbee

calbee Junior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Stew,
    Here's my two cents on the service side! I just switched from ATT to T-Mobile. I live in Glendale and have been using it all over the LA area (yes, including Pasadena) and I get a stronger signal than I used to with ATT.
    I've had TM for about 10 days now and I'm very satisfied with the signal, customer service and the cool features they offer on the website and through GSM.

7. aiwapro

I'm so glad to see happy T-Mobile (Voicestream) customers. Things have really changed since I first became a member on this forum last year (the mini-profile is wrong, it somehow got the date wrong). When I first became a member there were only like 3 Voicestream customers on this forum, and everyone else was like anti-Voicestream, like Voicestream had threatened to kill them or something, some still are anti-Voicestream, but most have atleast opened up and took a look at Voicestream, if not joining them.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

So anyone with T-Mobile in Palos Verdes Estates?
    I want to switch from AT&T, it works at home and that is about it, sound quality sucks driving around. Verizon is not that bad still...but the phones they use sucks big time too!

9. rockstar

rockstar Member

Cingular is NOT selling sites to T Mobile. In all honesty, I doubt T Mobile is going to build a separate network. It simply dosent make sense wheh they dont have to. T mobile can just use Cingular sites, like they are now, and Cingular can use their's in New York as per agreement....

10. Guest

Guest Guest

there are no more cingular or t-mobile sites... they brought them into a joint venture... managed 50-50... there are now only t-mobile/cingular sites.

makes sense?

11. aiwapro

That last anonymous poster is right. The sites are now completely shared. All of the money that has to be put into the sites are split 50/50.

12. Stew

Stew New Member

Wahoo! I called my local T-Mobile Resseller and iam going to move my dads buisness plans from at&t to t-mobile. Thats 5 lines. There giving us 4 V60g's for free and for me (since i asked so nicly) A UNLOCKED T68i for $200! Damn im good. Anyone else, if you sign up for T-mobile at this store, and go with the 39.99 plan you can get a T68i for $239. I live in the pasadena area and this store is in Monterey Park. Ill keep everyone posted on my progress!
    - Stew

Soon to be a happy owner of a T68 (finally)

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm in the San Diego area (for the summer, in Del Mar; in about a month, I'll be be moving down to Point Loma), and trying to decide between T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon. I'm leaning heavily toward T-Mobile, but I'm a little concerned about coverage...any thoughts from anyone in SD using T-Mobile?

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Stew, do you have a name and address for the Monterey Park Store?

15. Kenpup

Kenpup New Member

[​IMG]

117 W. Garvey Ave. MP -- 626-569-9981

11818 E. Artesia Blvd., Artesa -- 562-865-8628

25360 S. Crenshaw Blvd., Torrance 310-530-9330

16. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Stew

COOL!!!! Keep us informed

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. scurrilous

scurrilous New Member

I have always gotten good (but not great) reception in Del Mar, near Carmel Valley Rd in sight of Interstate 5 with my Ericsson T28w. (That was when I was roaming as a Voicestream customer, but I haven't tried it there since the switchover.) I don't remember other areas of Del Mar being a problem, but then I'm not really spending a lot of time on the phone when I'm hanging out in Del Mar.[​IMG]

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks Kenpup,

But I was looking for the specific store that sold the T68i w/ the VoiceStream plan. All the stores I've been to won't do it.. The phone isn't available in Los Angeles blah blah blah ..

I want the phone! [​IMG]

I'll check those three stores you posted though, maybe I'll get lucky.